Bike knocked over in the car park at work :(

sinclap2

Lazy
I got in early to work and for some reason I didn't park in my usual spot, away from the cleaner's Hilux dual cab ute.

So, I was on the phone talking to our computer shop trying to sort out my new computer and the cleaner walks in and stands at the door of my office...I am thinking to myself, she has hit my bike...well, she didn't actually hit my bike and knock it over. (This bit is speculation as she doesn't quite know how it happened) It looks like she dragged it a bit then it fell over. The bullbar on the front of her ute looks like it perfectly hooked onto the clutch lever (oh, I back my bike into the space, that is why it was able to hook onto it). So, it bent the lever at a crazy angle and dragged the bike a little sideways then when it released the bike it fell over onto the right hand side of the bike.:mad:

So, the only damage on the left is the clutch lever. On the right, the handlebar end, the mirror, the frame slider, the slip-on exhaust and my new Farings!

I took it for a test ride and everything seems ok, except I was flashing my high beam when I changed gears because of the clutch lever. So, I made a slight adjustment.

As one of my mates said, at least I wasn't on it! The bar end and the frame slider did a great job I must say.

Clutch

Bar End and Mirror

Faring & Frameslider

Slipon

W

WARPTH

man i hope she had insurance! thats an expensive fix for so little damage! lucky for that frame slider! genuine levers are $70 so just order some ebay ones ;) oh and, did you ask her where the f*$k she was looking?!!!????!!!!

Harrywz

I got in early to work and for some reason I didn't park in my usual spot, away from the cleaner's Hilux dual cab ute.

So, I was on the phone talking to our computer shop trying to sort out my new computer and the cleaner walks in and stands at the door of my office...I am thinking to myself, she has hit my bike...well, she didn't actually hit my bike and knock it over. (This bit is speculation as she doesn't quite know how it happened) It looks like she dragged it a bit then it fell over. The bullbar on the front of her ute looks like it perfectly hooked onto the clutch lever (oh, I back my bike into the space, that is why it was able to hook onto it). So, it bent the lever at a crazy angle and dragged the bike a little sideways then when it released the bike it fell over onto the right hand side of the bike.:mad:

So, the only damage on the left is the clutch lever. On the right, the handlebar end, the mirror, the frame slider, the slip-on exhaust and my new Farings!

I took it for a test ride and everything seems ok, except I was flashing my high beam when I changed gears because of the clutch lever. So, I made a slight adjustment.

As one of my mates said, at least I wasn't on it! The bar end and the frame slider did a great job I must say.

Clutch

Bar End and Mirror

Faring & Frameslider

Slipon

That sucks big time.
Glad to see that we're not limited to all the bad cage drivers.

sinclap2

Lazy
man i hope she had insurance! thats an expensive fix for so little damage! lucky for that frame slider! genuine levers are $70 so just order some ebay ones ;) oh and, did you ask her where the f*$k she was looking?!!!????!!!!

Yeah, she has insurance thank goodness. But her passenger said he didn't see the bike either and she would have walked straight past it! So I dunno what either of them were thinking. The best part was she owned up to it and has taken responsibility.

I'll let the insurance handled the parts...but I have had my eye some black Rideitmoto levers for a while :) I am also concerned about the faring on whether they'll repair it or get another one from JMV concepts. Either way I can pull the farings off and ride it like it was made.

Let me tell you, there seems to be a lotta playing in the clutch now, :p I thght I had it neutral a few time coz had to let it out so far!

Last edited:
V

Vapordan

So sorry to hear that. I don't park in the parking lot no more. I park on the fu$&@ curb or side walk. Doesn't matter how you are parked, some idiot manages to not see you. And then they bitch and moan about how bike parts are expensive. Pass the f$&@ tissue lady, I don't care. New parts!

D

DJK1505

man that sucks!!!!!

Well time for a new set of levers!!!! Sorry to hear man!

H

Hoover

That blows.
On the plus side, you can now just hack all the plastic off and ride NAKED!!!!

rysyndrome

I have left over OE bar ends and levers, if you want them let me know. No charge other than shipping. Sorry bro, I hate to see this.

sinclap2

Lazy
I have left over OE bar ends and levers, if you want them let me know. No charge other than shipping. Sorry bro, I hate to see this.

I have just been humbled by your very kind offer! It is greatly appreciated, but their insurance is taking care of it all.

:fiddy:

sinclap2

Lazy
Took my bike down to Albury (nearest dealer), as nobody in Wagga Wagga wanted to have anything to do with a yamaha! A city of 55,000 people and I had travel an hour and a half to get it fixed. Flipping' stoopid!

Anyway, the ride was great, but my butt was sore after it. A new seat might be on the agenda.

So, I am without my bike until he assessment is done, approved and fixed. I am hoping its about a week (xfingers), but expecting a little longer. All this just were coming into a wonderful Spring:mad:

The guys in Albury have been great so far. Wagga is a bizarre place sometimes, we have six car dealers (with about 21 brands between them) but only one bike dealer, who only stocks Honda & Kawa's! go figure!

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Took my bike down to Albury (nearest dealer), as nobody in Wagga Wagga wanted to have anything to do with a yamaha! A city of 55,000 people and I had travel an hour and a half to get it fixed. Flipping' stoopid!

Anyway, the ride was great, but my butt was sore after it. A new seat might be on the agenda.

So, I am without my bike until he assessment is done, approved and fixed. I am hoping its about a week (xfingers), but expecting a little longer. All this just were coming into a wonderful Spring:mad:

The guys in Albury have been great so far. Wagga is a bizarre place sometimes, we have six car dealers (with about 21 brands between them) but only one bike dealer, who only stocks Honda & Kawa's! go figure!

That really Bites about your bike, At least you were not on it.

Larry P

I don't want to dampen your spirits but after one of my accidents it took 3 months to get my bike back :(. Insurance companies hold out at every possible minute to not pay for anything, even when they know they have to. Try an airhawk seat, they're as cheap as $50 for a medium one. Even though it says it's for cruisers, it works great on the fazer. I had my seat redone but it still wasn't good enough. It made it better, but not enough. I think it's just a design issue.

W

WARPTH

+1 for a negative on insurance companys. my pay out took 4 months after my crash. 4 weeks of that was the work shop taking their time to do up the quote for them. they're a bunch of f*#king ass holes i hate them and cant stand them. i put them in the same category as "hi way patrol officers"

sinclap2

Lazy
Ok finally some good news on the repairs for the bike. The assessor rang me on Tuesday and has approved everything. :D They're going to have the faring repaired and painted, so I am happy with that. Still not sure of a timeframe for the return,but at least it is moving forward. The bonus is the guys are going to install my new levers too!

:cheer:

F

Fazed

+1 for a negative on insurance companys. my pay out took 4 months after my crash. 4 weeks of that was the work shop taking their time to do up the quote for them. they're a bunch of f*#king ass holes i hate them and cant stand them. i put them in the same category as "hi way patrol officers"

What insurance company was that with?

I've been with QBE for years and haven't had a problem when claiming. When I bought the FZ I got a years free insurance as part of the deal. It's with Swann but their insurance is double what QBE quoted me. I wonder if I cancel the Swann insurance if I would get the refund, considering I didn't pay for it?

Good news about the repairs Sinclap :)

sinclap2

Lazy
Spoke with repairer today, just waiting on one more part and the side faring to come back from the painter. He said next week it should be ready :D (but I miss out on the 300km memorial ride this weekend up into the mountains, dang it)

Anyway, it works out well (as long as I just didn't jinx it), I'm heading down to Albury next Saturday anyway, so I can pick it up then.

:chicken:

On Larry P's suggestion I ordered an air hawk seat cover thing. It turned up last week, so Ill see how it goes!

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

when you get to albury. keep going south towards melbourne and come say hello in a lovely town called geelong which is only 30 mins from the GREAT OCEAN ROAD!