Battery

Jorgegotcha

Hi, a week ago I have to push the bike every day to run. I have it since June 2011. I think there is little time for the original battery dies. How long have you been with the original battery. Or when change it? Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

DLSGAP

Depending on conditions, batteries don't last long, a year or two usually if not maintained.

Best thing you can do is get a battery tender for down time. Your local shop, cycle gear, or batteries plus should be able to test it for you. I mention batteries plus because if you're just looking for a cheap replacement, they'll be less expensive than a dealer

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

ssky0078

The OP is in Spain, don't know if they have a batteries plus there. If the bike is not used daily, exposed to drastic conditions hot(az summers kill batteries) or cold, or had any episodes of full discharge it will cut the life short. 3 years is about a minimum normal life for a motorcycle battery from my research. Is the battery charging fully? Did you do any electrical modifications that may be pulling extra power?

Jorgegotcha

This summer, one time, the parking ligth on all nigth. Can be the origen. I use bike every day. I dont know if we have battery plus in spain. Tomorrow going to charge bat

Fazerboy66

Go to your local motorcycle store and ask for a battery charger, most modern chargers come with an optimisation feature, which maintains and repairs your battery. Depending on how old and how bad the condition of your battery is, you may be better off buying a new one. A well maintained battery will last up to 3 years and a badly maintained battery just 1 winter.

Vaya a su tienda local de la motocicleta y pedir un cargador de baterías, cargadores más modernos vienen con una función de optimización, que mantiene y repara la batería. Dependiendo de la edad y la gravedad de la condición de la batería es, puede ser mejor comprar una nueva. Una batería bien cuidada durará hasta 3 años y una batería mal maitained sólo 1 invierno.

Jorgegotcha

Oh oh. I charge full my bat 3 days ago, and mechanic told me, only was a little low, rest about bat are ok.
And today cant ride again, no work!
But turn ligh, tail ligth, and ( the piiiiiiiii!! Dont know name in english, sorry) everything look normal.
What can be bad?
Help

SeñorJack

El Guapo
No puedo ayudarte con tu problema electronico, pero creo que se llama "horn" en ingles :)

I hope this gets fixed! I haven't had any elctrical problems myself but I know it can happen anytime...