Battery help

White Rider

I was given a YT12B-BS battery by my Yamaha dealer.
The web says it should be a YTZ10S.
I can't find any reference to the dealer one for our bikes?
I haven't had a chance to put it in yet and thought I would ask before I do.
If it fits should I just go ahead and do it?
Thanks.

Mint

I would be taking it back....it is not an equivalent battery, and is rated higher at 10Ah, against 8.6Ah for the YTZ10s, (which is also what the owners manual recommends)....this in itself is not a problem, as it is in-fact higher so will cope with the load of the bikes electrics....but It is also physically bigger and will not sit properly in the holder.
YTZ10s is w150 x d87 x h93mm

Where as the
yt12B_Bs comes in at w150 x d70 x H131mm so it's a good bit taller , but smaller in depth, so might rattle around. You would probably have to order the correct battery , as a lot of these shops just get in the batteries with no acid in them and then they either fill them for you or it comes with the acid pack and you fill it , but the YTZ is a factory activated battery. :)

krillz

Like the dude above me said. Most come with out Water in them and will need to be charged. I would buy the correct size. If you have a batteries plus near by they will fill it with water and charge it before you get there.(they did for me). Don't settle for nothing but RIGHT. Right always works better.

9 Lives

Like the dude above me said. Most come with out Water in them and will need to be charged. I would buy the correct size. If you have a batteries plus near by they will fill it with water and charge it before you get there.(they did for me). Don't settle for nothing but RIGHT. Right always works better.

It may be clear like water but its not water, put a drop on your tongue and you will see what I am talking about.

9 Lives

I hear that sulfuric acid works well also, not so good for drinking but apparently it works well in a battery.

Last edited:

White Rider

After much discussion, I swapped it for a Motobatt one plus cash.
Bike's going good now.
It was slightly less than 3 years old and I ride almost everyday.
I was told the Yuasa site listed the wrong one for the FZ8.
It took a lot of convincing that I was right and the site was wrong. I was beginning to doubt myself.
Thanks for your help guys.