bar ends for engine sliders??

FastZ8

I had an idea after I got my new bar ends in the mail and noticing the bar end bolts r the same thread and pitch as the engine case bolts I came up with an idea...would it be troublesome to use the factory bar ends as engine sliders...I put one on just to see how it looked. In my opinion they look alright. Another question. Do you think the factory bar end bolts are strong enough to use? They are a tad bit shorter but seem to have plenty of thread to tighten up. P.s the red stripe is some reflective wheel stripe tape that I have had on there for quite some time.

FastZ8

brilliant idea ,if there strong enough ?

I thought it was pretty unique...I figure the bar ends are strong enough just kinda wondering about the bolts. They should be if they are strong enough to be bar end bolts. Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if they may come loose because they are weighted due to the engine vibration...they work perfect though. The left hand side bolted right up. But the right hand side I had to use a small washer to keep the bar end from touching the engine.