Bar End Mirror Help

Tix

I have the crg arrow mirrors. I bought the adapters and removed the factory inserts. I absolutely love the bar end mirrors. Looks, function, everything. Highly recommend.

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

Could you please detail how you removed the factory inserts? I've tried 3x to get my bar ends installed, but I cant get the damn factory insert removed.

F3NIX

First of all you have to just get nasty with them. I drilled the inserts out by just going around the insert with a 1/4" or 3/8" bit (something like that) until they came out. Takes about 5 mins a side. Make sure to get your new inserts installed properly or they will be loose. PM me if you have problems.

Sent from my phone

F3NIX

CRG...makes them. You can order them directly from CRG or from your dealer. I went direct and they sent me a hat for free! They are spendy, but second to none. $120 each. You have to order the special kit for these bars. The kit is an additional $20.

Sent from my phone

Tix

First of all you have to just get nasty with them. I drilled the inserts out by just going around the insert with a 1/4" or 3/8" bit (something like that) until they came out. Takes about 5 mins a side. Make sure to get your new inserts installed properly or they will be loose. PM me if you have problems.

Sent from my phone

Good grief, you weren't kidding! I was expecting a dinky o-ring, not a 1" long piece of rubber!

Thank you again for this information, it made the removal a piece of cake.

Buddy

No need to remove the factory inserts. Just toss the bolts and inserts (spreaders) that came with the bar-ends.

Remove the weights from the end of your bars. and connect it all together like this:

The bolt on the right is identical to the stock bar-end bolt, but is 5mm longer. The washers on the left came with my new mirrors, and provide a bit of space between the new mirror mount and the grips.

Assemble like this, and screw back into the factory handlebar insert.

I found longer replacement bolts for the install at my local Fastenal. The ones I purchased are 5mm longer than the stock bolts, which was plenty to get both sides mounted securely.

Here's what I purchased if anyone wants to save the trouble of searching or experimenting:

M6-1.0 X 55
Socket Head Cap Screw
Class 12.9
Black Oxide Finish
Part #2139574

Last edited:

va_bank

These are direct bolt ons you can use the screws that come with your bike, just throw away the spreader that comes with the mirrors and as a plus the gold parts match the forks.

SIDE NOTE: Do not clean these with rubbing alcohol. The blue coating will come off. Don't ask me how I know, let's just say I wasted $80 because I thought the blue coating was protective film and tried to get it off. It is the stupidest thing I did in years.