Bar End Bolt Thread Pitch

xXAvroArrowXx

Hey Guys

I'm going to install some bar end mirrors, but don't want to loose the end weights, meaning that I've got to get longer socket cap screws to replace the ones that attach the bar end weights. I know they're M6 diameter, but not sure about the thread pitch... Is it 1.0?

If I get the answer, I promise I'll upload pics of the finished product. I know some may be wondering what exactly I'm doing & pics are 1000 words..... :D

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I'm in the same boat. My local Lowes and Home Depot don't carry those in a long enough size. I think it is 1.0 pitch, but I'm not 100% positive. I just don't see the M6 in any other pitch size.

TallGuyNW

I just went through this last week with my new BikeMaster bar-end mirrors. It's an M6 with a 1.0 thread. I picked up a couple of 60mm long bolts from a local bolt specialty company (the original bolts are 40mm). They were pretty tight going in, but worked well.

I do see them on Amazon, but it's a box of 100
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00598F10W/ref=biss_dp_t_asn]Metric Black Oxide 12.9 Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screw,Hex Socket Drive,M6-1.00,60 mm Length (Pack of 100): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]