Bags-Connection set-up w/ pics!!

desertdude

Im leaving for a 3100 mile road trip on Sept. 3rd. Going from Phoenix to the Pacific Coast Highway in CA, and traveling the coast all the way up to Port Angeles WA and working my ways back down to Lake Tahoe, thru Yosemite National Park and back to Ventura CA, then to Phoenix AZ.

I bought the Bags-Connection Blaze saddlebags, Bags-Connection Slipstream tail bag, and the rediculously overpriced electrified Bags Connection Engage tank bag. All top notch stuff and very happy with it.

Heres a few things to note. The saddlebags, even with the arms that mount off the rear pegs, the bags will still contact your plastic. I have to use the included plastic film protector sheet to protect my paint. The Engage tank bag is awesome and looks great, but not alot of room in there. Its what I wanted for simple small easily accessible items, chapstick, wallet, phone, eye drops, cleaning cloth, etc. Best part about the bag is that it is electrified. Installed a dual cigarette lighter inside. It will be used to charge my phone and Gopro. In the pics you will see a side view. That is the tank bag mounted as far forward as possible. Also, the mapholder holds a full sheet of paper, 8 1/2 x 11". I made up some maps for the trip and had them laminated, and made them 8 x 10 1/2" so they wouldnt slightly bend in the corners. Pictured is one piece of paper.

I also got a Beadrider seat cover, thought i'd try it out. Heard so many good reviews online and for $60, why not. Had a Sargent seat on my old SV650 and it wasnt the greatest. Thought about a windscreen, but didnt think it would do much and pricey.

Heres some pics.

desertdude

and the last bit. If you guys have any questions, let me know. I think this is the first pic of a Engage tank bag on a FZ8. I searched and searched. I ordered all my stuff from Twisted Throttle and everything was packed well and arrived when promised.

tri dude

Great set up you have there and he power to the tank bag is a huge plus!! I think you'll have enough storage anyway - uber nice!!!!

bobbyb

nice

Nice set up. MSR flyscreen on mine. pushes just enough air over to keep most bugs off. enjoy your ride.
B

desertdude

i bet that makes quite a difference. Im sure i'll be a few hundred miles into the trip and wish I would of got one.

Geezer

Have a good trip!

Ride safe. Make sure you do some slow speed handling tests with the extra weight on the bike to discover any surprises.