Anyone purchased the Shad Seats? Vid inside

FZ8fanatic

Stock Seat

The Shad seat is worth the money!!! from what I read other brands are not much more comfortable and a real pain to get to fit right, with the stock seat my butt started tingling about 20 minutes into the ride, the Shad seat was not only more comfortable but it was better contoured to boot.
You can tell this guys know what they are doing, great company to deal with and amazing products!

llaen

Thanks for this.

I ordered one 3 weeks ago but it said they're on backorder. They finally charged me the other day so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

The stock seat takes away a lot of the pleasure from long rides. It's just amazing how uncomfortable it is on various parts of your body. What was Yamaha thinking?

I can't get my gf to agree to join me for a ride (something about valuing her life) but I've had other passengers and did notice the same sliding forward effect. Sucks!

llaen

Just an update here.

I finally received my seat and got to try it out for a short 20 min commute to work. I thought I wouldn't feel a difference over the short span of the trip, but I was wrong!

The seat absorbs a lot of the vibration. I no longer feel the RPMs through my ass, which was always a suspiciously useless feature of the old seat :D.
It feels great! Clearly they didn't just go for a cash grab but made an effort to give you an upgrade.

Well-worth the purchase.

greenturbo

i got mine on the bike this week and went out for a short ride.
its does feel firmer than the stock seat.
ill post back soon with more thoughts..