Anyone have a thread on how to remove ecu ?

VaderFZ8

Anyone of its worth going to a 190 rear tire?

Was looking at getting better tires is it worth going with a 190 rear if so what size specs should I stick with?

Last edited:

kopairnik

Sooooo....does anyone has a thread about removing the ECU because I was wondering how to do it or is this a thread about tires...I'm confused lol

VaderFZ8

Lol dang thing keeped my old title but ya tire info be cool wondering if going up tire size is even worth it got ecu out thought there might be hidden bolt somewhere just pull up on it got it out sending ecu to Guhls can't wait to feel the difference

Woody146

Banned
Sooooo....does anyone has a thread about removing the ECU because I was wondering how to do it or is this a thread about tires...I'm confused lol

Ecu is pretty simple..and I'm am no mechanic!

Remove the seat
Remove the batwing
Lift the tank(prop with wood)
Unscrew top part of air box :cuss:all the damn bolts
Undo 3 air hoses that clamp to side of airbox
Remove velocity stacks ( longer 4 mm t handle hex tool needed)
Remove bottom of air box and velocity stacks
Cut 2 zip ties holding the rubber flap
Unplug 2 connections in ecu
Pull towards the connections on the ecu ( forceful but not too forceful)
Boooom!! Ecu is out and ready for reflash!

As for tires...all the people running 190's USUALLY have trouble getting rid of their chicken strips/ using the whole tire...a 180/55 is what came on the bike..I feel it was for a reason..depending on the kind of riding you do...I would look into micheline pilot power 3 for sportier riding and pilot road 4 for straight riding

myklobe

Ecu is pretty simple..and I'm am no mechanic!

Remove the seat
Remove the batwing
Lift the tank(prop with wood)
Unscrew top part of air box :cuss:all the damn bolts

No freaking kidding!!!! I swapped out my air filter for a K&N air filter and was so pissed it had so many screws, and not and flip clasps or something simpler! It took longer to unscrew the air box than it did to take off everything else up to the air box haha.

Woody146

Banned
No freaking kidding!!!! I swapped out my air filter for a K&N air filter and was so pissed it had so many screws, and not and flip clasps or something simpler! It took longer to unscrew the air box than it did to take off everything else up to the air box haha.

Yea....putting back main my ecu...that was the most timely part..I haaaaaaate!!!! The ones towards the back of the tank and the middle one...a magnetic screwdriver or tip is cruuuuucial so you don't drop one of those pesky buggers

MotoZen

I use a cordless drill with the clutch turned all the way down so I don't strip them. Makes the air box so much easier.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.