anybody keep the rear fender?

TeleRob

I took a ride yesterday and hit some wet road, and went on some gravel driveways. I noticed a bunch of mud and splatter on the back seat after, and lots more on the underside of the fender.

I did buy a Targa FE kit, but its still sitting in the box uninstalled since I got it only yesterday. I'm thinking about sending it back and using the money for exhaust or something, especially if I ride when its wet out.

Does anybody keep the fender for function?

C

Camo

I kept it but it's in a box lol...The rear hugger should keep alot of the shit from splattering?
I ride my 8 everyday in all conditions and haven't noticed any ridiculous amounts of mud or anything?
Were you riding in reverse haha?? I don't understand how tail section would help really.

H

Hoover

My fender is also in a box. I have the Yoshi FE and it looks great.

In the rain however, it sucks. The hugger does F.all to keep the spray down.
The rear seat, and my back look like I have been spray painted by a lunatic.

The rear tire sticks out so far behind the rear that it is inevitable.

FZER

Avid Rider
You guys said splattered.....Sorry it's getting late and had to take a pill for my back.....Drunk posting will ensue.:p

lyric911

My fender is also in a box. I have the Yoshi FE and it looks great.

In the rain however, it sucks. The hugger does F.all to keep the spray down.
The rear seat, and my back look like I have been spray painted by a lunatic.

The rear tire sticks out so far behind the rear that it is inevitable.

Same for me. Whenever it's raining to/from work, my back and the back seat are splattered. Stock fender is in a tub in the garage.

specops13

Mine's staying. Anything that sticks out offers protection of some kind. It can't weigh more than a few pounds and I've lost 25....

Hereward

Same here, in a box in the workshop LOL and yes I too look like I've been on a mountainbike not a motorbike when it's wet.......form over lack of function.

C

Camo

I know rain, way to well I'm afraid. I got a rain suit stashed underneath my rear cowl so whatever flicks up gets washed off by the pissing down rain any ways.

mckshred

rain... whats rain? Just move to the desert :)

Rain? - 6-7" annually. I have 2k on my bike and its never been hit with a drop from the sky or the hose.

I did that migration to the desert a while ago too - great winters...crappy summers......Our riding season is ending soon (unless you want to roast) and everyone else's is just starting....