Any suggestions on how to install rear LED turn signals here?

jdubincali

I just got this bike a few weeks ago and I'm looking at some mods...thank you for all the FZ8 owners who posted pics on their mods! I'm new to riding and loving it! I'd like to get a FE kit and and install at least 2 bright, LED bulbs as the pic shows on each side. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get this accomplished? Or can I get your help in at finding where to get this information?

There are little slots, that LED's (or bright bulbs) that can fit into. I think someone here on the forum has done it but I can't find the thread.

Sorry for the poor photo quality by the way. Thank you in advance for your reply(ies)! :confused:

xXAvroArrowXx

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

I was thinking about doing this also seeing how the K6 GSXr1000 onwards has them built into the rear fender. It makes the bike more streamline looking.

jdubincali

Here you go:

Turn-signal-mod Turn signal mod - Yamaha FZ8 Forums - International FZ8 Motorcycle Community Forum

You'll either have to buy the Yamaha connectors from FleaBay:

Yamaha Turn Signal Connector Harness R1 R6 FZ6 OEM PAIR
http://bit.ly/17d4ib5

Or

Cut the wire harness for your turn somewhere between the funky Yamaha Connectors and the turn signals themselves and use automotive male/female connectors (which is what I did): CRIMP CONNECTORS - Bullet Connectors - The Repair Connector Store

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!

F3NIX

So what resistors are needed? Can someone post a materials list... I can solder and do wiring but im not sure why you are putting resistors on the leds. :(

xXAvroArrowXx

So what resistors are needed? Can someone post a materials list... I can solder and do wiring but im not sure why you are putting resistors on the leds. :(

I used TST Industries LED Relay rather than resistors. The flash rate is adjustable on the TST unit, resistor install is not. Resistors also heat up if used excessively, degrade over time, and make for a messy install compared to direct swap of the OEM Relay for the TST Industries one. Here's a link to the exact one I bought you can find them on eBay, but I bought direct and it worked out slightly cheaper from TST over eBay after figuring in shipping!

http://tstindustries.com/product.php?productid=17551&cat=274&page=1

My contact at TST was [email protected] he answered my questions and confirmed the relay would work (FZ8 not listed on their site)

NIOTE: if you have an FZ8 model with 4-way emergency flashers there the there are two different relays.... 2-pin for non-emergency equipped, 4-pin for emergency equipped FZ8 models.

Last edited:

kodoq88

I have noob questions bout this.
1. Does it matter if i wire the leds in series or parallel?
2. If i get that relay thing then i dont need the resistor right
3. If i use the relay, the wiring should be straight forward right + to + , - to -

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk