any bowhunters here

reALIGNed

If so, how did you do this season? My daughter and I are after a huge 6 ptr. thats been following a 10 ptr., we did get a total of seven does (antlerless) so far, we get out every weekend, and nothing yet. Our season ends Jan.7th 2013, so we still have time.

H

Hoover

I am a city boy, but I love venison. I rely on friends and neighbours to shoot and process the goodies.
This year, I need to move, and find new friends. Losers :rolleyes:

Paralgin

Avid Rider
Bow hunting sounds wery interesting :) I do hunt my self but only with shotgun or rifle.
In Norway where everything is expencive is not bowhunting legal yet =/

I would think bow hunting is wery exiting cause of the sneaking part, thats real hunting like in the old days =)

reALIGNed

I am a city boy, but I love venison. I rely on friends and neighbours to shoot and process the goodies.
This year, I need to move, and find new friends. Losers :rolleyes:

Too bad you don't hunt, most of my deer taken are about 30 minutes from your area.

Tango59

Some BIG deer up there. I haven't bowhunted in years. My Martin is only for Zombie Duty now. maybe next year tho.

reALIGNed

Bow hunting sounds wery interesting :) I do hunt my self but only with shotgun or rifle.
In Norway where everything is expencive is not bowhunting legal yet =/

I would think bow hunting is wery exiting cause of the sneaking part, thats real hunting like in the old days =)

yep, your right.......its my third passion. I hunt from the ground (no tree stands), this is fair chase for the prey, and I love the stalk method, very rewarding.

reALIGNed

And my freezer is still empty. Stop by next time you happen to have one strapped to your roof :woot:

Ha ha, I just went thru Madison Sunday night with three of them in the back of my truck. Its been a good year, once again, the DNR is offering upto four free antlerless permits per day, per hunter. :yes:

canader

We got 6 during rifle this year. 3 bucks and 3 does. I hunt fair chase traditional after rifle (checkmate falcon recurve) 52 lb draw. Got a small 6 point with the recurve. It was very rewarding because this was my first traditional kill.

B

bren

Ha ha, I just went thru Madison Sunday night with three of them in the back of my truck. Its been a good year, once again, the DNR is offering upto four free antlerless permits per day, per hunter. :yes:

What do you do with themn when you kill them? eat them? sell them?

reALIGNed

What do you do with themn when you kill them? eat them? sell them?

we normally eat most of it here, (me, wife and two kids). Good eat'n for the next year. I gave the last three to the food pantry so the less fortunate can share in the harvest. We do our own butchering, make prime cuts, etc., to me, this is all part of the hunt.

B

bren

I gave the last three to the food pantry so the less fortunate can share in the harvest.QUOTE]

That awesome mate! well done!

I tell ya- with kangaroos being in plague proportion in some parts, they should allow hunters to cull them and give the meat to charity!

Kangaroo is not for everyone- but im sure the homeless wont argue.

B

bren

what is venison like? its not big here in Aus.

im a bit of a wimp when it comes to trying different foods... lol

Like shitloads of chilli tho- the hotter the better! lol

reALIGNed

I gave the last three to the food pantry so the less fortunate can share in the harvest.QUOTE]

That awesome mate! well done!

I tell ya- with kangaroos being in plague proportion in some parts, they should allow hunters to cull them and give the meat to charity!

Kangaroo is not for everyone- but im sure the homeless wont argue.

I agree, nock them down, good target practice, and spread the wealth..;)

reALIGNed

what is venison like? its not big here in Aus.

im a bit of a wimp when it comes to trying different foods... lol

Like shitloads of chilli tho- the hotter the better! lol

If its aged and butchered properly, it is alot like beef........some say it has a "gamey" taste, but thats because of an improper butchering, there is a silverish blue membrane along with all visible fat, that must be removed (prior to aging). Most butcher shops don't take the time to do this, they simpley skin it, freeze it, then run it thru the band saw, wrap it and call you to pick it up. But if you take the time, and do it yourself, its free, you get to enjoy your deer, and you also get more of it by boning it out.

C

calscrazy

Duck, dove and deer season all have sucked here in Texas. We are in a bad drought right now. Got out twice during bow season but didn't see what I wanted so went home empty handed.