Akra Exhaust

Black-n-naked

Finally!

Today my bike came back from it's 1000 km service WITH a brand-new Akrapovic slip-on installed.:rockon:
Upon checking on how to remove the dB-killer I found that the hex nut holding it in is spot welded to the dB-killer. I mean, WHY!?!?!?!?!?
That was a bit of a disappointment right there!

So did your Akra also have the hex nut welded on?
And if so, how did you remove it without damaging your dB-killer?

lothodon

Super Moderator
no damage, just have to be careful. it was very easy to get through the weld and the screw was nothing more than finger tight. i imagine they weld it in since the vibration would just loosen it anyway.

the db-killer fits so snug when i opt to install it i do it without the screw anyway. takes a pliers and a REALLY good tug to get it out when the screw is out so i'm very secure in knowing it won't work out on it's own without the screw.

Hereward

Mine came without the db installed, it was in a box, the yamaha guys know me too well LOL Can't beat that growl and crackle :)

Hereward

The guys at the dealership didn't even ask- btw, the exhaust gets better after a few km

Took a look and yes mine was also tack welded in. About the exhaust getting "better" after a few km.........yeah I have noticed that it suddenly get nnoticabley louder once everything is up to tempreture, is it the cat getting up to temp which dose it as it happens quite a bit after radiator is up to temp. Oh yeah stuck the baffle under the rear seat just in case ;)

Nestofotters

Akra improving

No, I was making mention that the exhaust has a 'bedding in' period. It definitely sounds so much angrier than it did to begin with (hot or cold) than it did to begin with... Glad you managed to get yours sorted.

Black-n-naked

Today I went for a drive after removing the db-killer from the exhaust.
Oh boy, that sound is amazing!!:D
However I'm afraid the neighbors won't appreciate it much so I've re-placed it after I got home.
Next time I'm going on a road trip however that baby is coming out again!!!

FZER

Avid Rider
I've heard about the euro street package does that come with a new map or anything? Is it the full exhaust or just the slip on with the street pack?

Hereward

I've heard about the euro street package does that come with a new map or anything? Is it the full exhaust or just the slip on with the street pack?

Just the slip on. You do get other stuff with the package as well besides the carbon Akra can. mini led indicators, FZ9 fly screen, rad guard, tail tidy, and a tank pad.........thats alot of kit for free! I had the bellypan added as well, but that wasn't part of the street pack. I've since put some stomp pad tank grips on there as well. Here's a pic as it came delivered before I removed all the lables and other stuff :)