aftermarket headers??

ZeeKdaGreeK

Hey guys, I'm looking into aftermarket headers for a few reasons, primarily I want to ceramic coat the fz's headers cause the discoloration is killing me, might be OCD but I can't help that, and then of course its about the upgrade itself. I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I couldn't find it if my life depended on it. I will most likely go for arrow headers. I was wondering if anyone knew how considerable an upgrade this is to go along with a Yosh cf slip on. Any tips tricks or advice?? If someone has a graph on gains? And if I should be looking at something else other then the arrow...

Woody146

Banned
Hey guys, I'm looking into aftermarket headers for a few reasons, primarily I want to ceramic coat the fz's headers cause the discoloration is killing me, might be OCD but I can't help that, and then of course its about the upgrade itself. I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but I couldn't find it if my life depended on it. I will most likely go for arrow headers. I was wondering if anyone knew how considerable an upgrade this is to go along with a Yosh cf slip on. Any tips tricks or advice?? If someone has a graph on gains? And if I should be looking at something else other then the arrow...

I'm going to get the graves when I pull the $ together...only seen arrow headers available..others have full systems...and the ppl that do custom exahust work like marthy.....you may run into the blueing on all headers..

ZeeKdaGreeK

Akrapovic Optional Headers (Stainless Steel) For Yamaha FZ8 / Fazer 8 - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

ARROW Stainless Steel Racing Headers / Collectors 2010-2012 Yamaha FZ8 / Fazer | Motostarz.com | Motostarz.com

These are the only headers I've been able to find. Akrapovic & Arrow, I'm not sure what's better, if they both have cats or not. Or if a diff slip on will work with them. I hope the Yosh slip on works with both these headers... But I guess some more research is required first..

lance2448

A lot of people seem to like the Graves exhaust. Personally, I don't want the bike to be 'too loud' given the area I live in, but, I too couldn't stand the only shinny part of the bike being discolored. I just ended up painting the stock headers and getting a slip on. Seems to have worked out well.

ZeeKdaGreeK

A lot of people seem to like the Graves exhaust. Personally, I don't want the bike to be 'too loud' given the area I live in, but, I too couldn't stand the only shinny part of the bike being discolored. I just ended up painting the stock headers and getting a slip on. Seems to have worked out well.

You painted them yourself? Graves is the only company that shows a dyno chart showing you the gains but you cant buy just the headers, its full system with the exhaust, and although I should probably be more neighborly I prefer the loudness

JDZIII

TRY THIS

One guy on the forums said he used simple green and it worked like a charm to clean them up. The next thing you could do is get a quote fro. Jet-hot.com and get a ceramic coating on the headers.