Aftermarket dog bone suggestions

t-rex_fz8

Hey everyone, looking for a good aftermarket dog bone link and I would like your opinion or feedback if you have already done this to your FZ8. I know depending on how much you lower it your center of gravity is going to change but I'd like to hear what the best way of going about it would be, thanks.

thach1130

I bought a soupy's adjustable lowering link from Soupy's Performance after i did a R1 shock and satan adapter install. The shock raised the tail. Even maxing the dog bone link (side of link touches bottom of triangle linkage) i could only lower the bike to slightly lower than the stock height. Maybe if the shock was stock form it would have greater effect on the ride height

t-rex_fz8

Thanks for the response guys. I know it will change the overall stability of the bike but I will definitely look into it more.

t-rex_fz8

Thanks for the response guys. I know it will change the overall geometry of the bike but I will definitely look into it more.

tjfisher

My soupy's link got alot of play about 1/2" . Put it on the lift with the rear floating to change tire . did not get the warm fuzzy feeling so i removed it . im making new side plates out of 1/4 steel soon . well i made a set but wasnt thinking and made rasing plate instead .lol so if anyone else take on the challange the side plate are shorter than stock not longer