Accesories 12v output

guim09

I like to know if anyone knows if there is an accesories 12 volts output and if there is where is it located

Perron

Unfortunately, you will need to buy an 12v outlet and wire it yourself if you want an accessory output.. It's quite easy, cheap mod, and there are lots of how-to's

e11charlie

I have two battery tender hook ups on my bike. One is for the tender itself the other is for a 12v outlet. I can run that from under the rear seat and plug in what ever. If you want pics of what I did let me know.

anelson24

I have two battery tender hook ups on my bike. One is for the tender itself the other is for a 12v outlet. I can run that from under the rear seat and plug in what ever. If you want pics of what I did let me know.

would like to see the setup! thanks

e11charlie

So as I said before just hooked up two battery tender connectors. One is under the bike for the actual tender. The other runs up under the passenger seat. The 12v outlet is not plugged in all the time. I keep the cigarette lighter adapter under the passenger seat strap for storage.
View attachment 1679
When I want to connect something like GPS, heated gear, or phone charger, I just run the outlet out from under the passenger seat. Pretty simple and no permanent modifications needed. View attachment 1680. With the GPS cord I just run the cord from where I have it on the tank down the side of the tank, shove it in the crack under the seat and around back behind me. Plug it in and good to go. If I need to plug in my phone while riding just plug it in inside my pocket and run it the same way. Just don't forget to unplug it before getting off the bike.

Perron

My next mod when it's going to be warmer outside is to wire it like e11charlie but running the outlet up to the front. I only need to find a good spot to mount it

Something like this:

e11charlie

My next mod when it's going to be warmer outside is to wire it like e11charlie but running the outlet up to the front. I only need to find a good spot to mount it

Something like this:

When I had the fz1 that's where I put it since I had a little dash board. When I was riding a sportster I made a bracket to mount the outlet to worked good. The 8 just couldn't come up with a decent solution. If you come up with an idea post it up.