A good day of riding and then this happens...

97audia4

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EblTK04FXM&feature=share&list=UU57jOzukyIVjStm3UuV-XlA"]Blaine's cbr600rr wheelie crash - YouTube[/ame]

FZ8Panda

Ouch man. Wow. That's why I'm always scared to even try wheelies. How's your friend? Looks like he walked away without much of a scratch. But, I'm sure with all the adrenaline pumping I'm sure he wouldn't have noticed even if he was hurt. Def could have ended worse. Man, I cringed watching that. I hope your friend is alright and the bike is repairable.

97audia4

Ouch man. Wow. That's why I'm always scared to even try wheelies. How's your friend? Looks like he walked away without much of a scratch. But, I'm sure with all the adrenaline pumping I'm sure he wouldn't have noticed even if he was hurt. Def could have ended worse. Man, I cringed watching that. I hope your friend is alright and the bike is repairable.

His back is basically all rash and some on his hands. He was really lucky that road was just paved recently, it used to be tar chipped

decooney

Bummer, if he only had your jacket on to go along with the helmet. Why is it the riders doin' all the wheelies on public roads into oncoming traffic don't see the value in a good riding jacket for protection is beyond me. After I made hamburger out of my arms and hands growing up and breaking bones on different bikes throughout my life, it did not take long to understand the importance of good riding gear to help limit body damage as much possible.

Last edited:

decooney

Seriously though man.. considering he had no jacket, he got lucky! Fortunately he's ok :)

Exactly. He is lucky. Its not fun picking gravel out of your infected arms for a month afterwards either. Had he tried that a tad later on he or the bike could have slid right under that oncoming car. I've seen it happen and watched two people on bikes get killed right in front of me. Wear gear and ride safe around other cars or take it to the track or stunt area.

Rotaryknight

damn, he gave it gas all the way through. He is lucky to just have rashes without a jacket. That front wheel looked cracked...

FZ8Panda

His back is basically all rash and some on his hands. He was really lucky that road was just paved recently, it used to be tar chipped

Lucky indeed. At least he's able to smile about it which is always a good sign. Hope he will be back on two wheels soon! :tup:

97audia4

Yea it needs a new front wheel bc it was cr acked and held air just long enough to make it home and it will need a new steering stem bearing .