2012 vs 2013 exhaust differences?

Darksabre

Sooo, is anyone familiar with the differences between the 2011/12 model and the 2013 model as far as exhaust mounting points go?

Was wanting to buy a used two brothers exhaust, but it was off of a 2012. My FZ8 is a 2013. I thought they were pretty dang similar, but according to the two brothers site, there is a different part number for the 2012 and 2013 slip on's.

Darksabre

side profiles (they look really freakin similar other than that heat shield)

2011:

2013:

Woody146

Banned
....let me put it like this...11-13 fz8's are all the same except suspension, color, and slip on SHAPE....all other exahust companies sell 11-13 parts...it's the heat sheild that is different...and I'm sure you could get a 13 heat sheild if your doesn't fit...

If it's eating you up...email two bros...

Darksabre

Haha, they dont appear to have an email address... Looks like I'll give them a call.

if the canister is the same, I'll bet I could just get them to send the 2013 specific parts...

Fazer 8

I've been thinking we could stand to have a sticky for tracking the differences between '10 to '12 models, and '13/'14 (have they made any 2014 FZ08s?) models. Also to detail the differences between the FZ08 and the Fazer 8.

For example, there was talk about making the final gearing taller on the FZ8 to reduce highway RPMs - from the discussion it sounded like the FZ8 is geared a little shorter than the Fazer 8 from the factory. Does the Fazer 8 have a smaller rear sprocket (or larger front sprocket) than the FZ8?

I also wonder sometimes about other parts which may be shared between the FZ1 (late model) and FZ8/Fazer 8. For example, it seems as if these bikes all share essentially the same chassis, and maybe largely the same bodywork? Would a seat for an FZ1 fit an FZ8 or Fazer 8? Or a taillight?

I'm willing to get the sticky started and maintain it - I just don't have the information on what the differences might be.

Darksabre

Wow, you guys are great. Thanks for those links. I was looking at the part breakdown side by side, and they looked very compatible. I cannot explain the reason for the huge cost markup though, especially since the design for the 2013 looks SIMPLER.

Darksabre

Got the 2011/12 version installed on my 2013 yesterday. Everything seems to be just fine. Now I gotta decide if I want to shave off the heatshield brackets and paint the pipe black, or to add one of these to match the carbon fiber exhaust:

johnnydiesel

Thanks for this thread. Definitely helps understanding the differences.

Anyone know where to find this carbon fiber heat shield or similar heat shields?

Darksabre