2012 Stock Exhaust Heat Guard

I installed a Two Brothers Carbon Slip-on Exhaust last year. The exhaust is awesome and instllation was easy. The only problem I had was the stock "Exhaust Protector" for my 2013 model doesn't fit, but the one for 2012 will. I know almost everyone has an aftermarket exhaust on thier FZ8.

Anyone interested in selling me theirs from a 2012 FZ8? I'll obviously cover shipping and handling.

I looked into buying from a OEM site but didn't feel like spending $100. :bs2:

Tix

There was no way to mount the guard after installing the Jardine RT5.

I run without the guard and have 0 issues. Heck, I think it looks better without it, IMO.

The reason I am looking for this is because the Two Brothers has mounting brackets sticking out of the pipe. Id rather have the guard than a look at those ugly tabs sticking out. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Woody146

Banned
I've got one I'll never ever touch again....took it off at mile 400 or so with slip on.,been in a box in my garage ever since

Lemme know If you would like it

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Woody, I've changed my mind and just bought an aftermarket OEM style one made or real carbon fiber that should hopefully match the carbon muffler. I'll post a picture when it comes in