2012 FZ8 San Pedro, Ca

n8kdfz8

Hello forum!

Just got my first motorcycle the FZ8 and im loving it! Hope to learn from you guys and share information about this bike.

Ride safe!

Guillaume

Hello forum!

Just got my first motorcycle the FZ8 and im loving it! Hope to learn from you guys and share information about this bike.

Ride safe!

Welcome! I'm actually based in Torrance so we might see each other on the freeways.
What exactly did you get?

Guillaume

thank you! I bought the 2012 FZ8 matte black/silver from Del Amo Motorsports. Barely got to 300+ miles on odometer

Nice. I wish I had the matte one too... I have last year's shiny model so I'm letting it get dirty to simulate the matte look.

n8kdfz8

Nice. I wish I had the matte one too... I have last year's shiny model so I'm letting it get dirty to simulate the matte look.

yea the matte definetly helps cut down time on wiping the bike off. i checked out ur photography website! Amazing photos!

Leorenzo

Hey Guys, I'm from Torrance too. We should have a South Bay FZ8 ride one of these days. I usually ride around Palos Verdes.

Guillaume

Hey Guys, I'm from Torrance too. We should have a South Bay FZ8 ride one of these days. I usually ride around Palos Verdes.

Nice! I'm actually thinking about going put-putting with the girlfriend around the Rock Store some morning this weekend. Not sure yet, maybe the San Gabriel mountains.

n8kdfz8

Yea that would be cool! Speaking of Palos Verdes... I took a short NICE cruise today around 3:00pm around palos verdes dr. along coast from san pedro to torrance beach, back up to and thru the "switchbacks" to marymount college then backdown "switchbacks" back to san pedro. And two days before that I rode thru palos verdes on palos verdes dr. around miraleste high school. Those have been my favorite local rides and drives!

Guillaume

Yea that would be cool! Speaking of Palos Verdes... I took a short NICE cruise today around 3:00pm around palos verdes dr. along coast from san pedro to torrance beach, back up to and thru the "switchbacks" to marymount college then backdown "switchbacks" back to san pedro. And two days before that I rode thru palos verdes on palos verdes dr. around miraleste high school. Those have been my favorite local rides and drives!

I need to get out there more often! But with this stupid Danmoto pipe, I'm probably too obnoxiously loud to go through those fancy neighborhoods...

Still up in the air for the Rock Store. The 405 will be shut down all weekend too, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. (I was out of town for the last Carmaggedon, which I heard wasn't that bad at all)

rug_burn

thank you! I bought the 2012 FZ8 matte black/silver from Del Amo Motorsports. Barely got to 300+ miles on odometer

OC here (Brea) I work in Lake Forest, so it's Santiago Canyon twice a day, unless it gets too cold in the morning, then it's the freeway.

Guillame- that is some excellent photography- seems like you've been everywhere I've been- and you know how to compose a shot- Nice work.

Paul

Last edited:

Guillaume

OC here (Brea) I work in Lake Forest, so it's Santiago Canyon twice a day, unless it gets too cold in the morning, then it's the freeway.

Guillame- that is some excellent photography- seems like you've been everywhere I've been- and you know how to compose a shot- Nice work.

Paul

Thank you sir, I appreciate it!
Hopefully I'll keep adding to the list of places I've been.
Funny thing is that if it wasn't so darn expensive, I'd probably own a Super Ténéré to get to more remote locations quickly and snap pictures.
Maybe later.