2011 Ducati F1098 Street Fighter Side Mirrors

FZ8Grid

Excited to see how this turns out. Ill have to get some pics when they come in.

If anyone has already tried this let me know if it ended badly.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
that was the EXACT plan i had, until i found out that even a used pair on eBay was more expensive than the mirrors i ended up getting. the only issue i forsee is that the ducati uses an 8mm bolt and the yamaha is 10mm AND the right (brake) side is reverse threaded on the yamaha.

FZ8Grid

Well as long as its smaller i should be able to up the thread or just make a custome one myself.

Great info, the size is what iv been looking to know, the guy in FL that sells them when he has them was trying to find that info for me (said he would have to get back wiht me was leaving for the day)

Some on ebay are around 60 bucks for the pair

Ducati Streetfighter mirrors | eBay

was my search

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i think the best option would be to find someone (or yourself of course) that could weld a stud onto the yamaha bolts. 8mm threaded for the mirrors to a 10mm threaded (and reverse) so that you could have the super clean look.

i know people that could weld it, but i've not been able to find a 10mm reverse threaded bolt ANYWHERE other than with a yamaha set of mirrors.

the generic rizomas i just put on came with the bolts thankfully, but they were each too long and bottomed out. i put a set of chrome spacers in (that reflect all the black so well they look black themselves) to not have to cut down the bolts and clean the threads.

FZ8Grid

Yep :D

I decided to go with the second option. 156 bucks for the set and comes with the 10mm/rev bolts that are needed

Talked to the guy on the phone and he said they should be here by saturday at the latest. Nice guy ended up talking about the fz8 for 30min or so

he brought up a good point with changing out the headlight baulb with an HID. Any ideas as to that?

mano1192

It would be cool to go HID, I was able to try out my high beam for the first time last weekend. Its pretty lackluster, does its job but Im used to the HID's on my car so these are pretty lame IMO. A HID would be sweet looking also, especially if you could get it in a higher Kelvin rating to make it more blue.