1200 mile ride

bobbyb

Just back from a trip from Ontario Canada to Minnesota USA. I did the 550 mile ride to Minneapolis in one day. 10 hours, $55 in gas and a sore butt!
same coming home 5 days later.
The bike was great aside from the uncomfortable seat. Tons of power for the interstates, was really surprised @ the gas mileage. (60-80 mph). I got a GPS mount now ,will install and comment later.
B

Harrywz

Just back from a trip from Ontario Canada to Minnesota USA. I did the 550 mile ride to Minneapolis in one day. 10 hours, $55 in gas and a sore butt!
same coming home 5 days later.
The bike was great aside from the uncomfortable seat. Tons of power for the interstates, was really surprised @ the gas mileage. (60-80 mph). I got a GPS mount now ,will install and comment later.
B

NICE RIDE!
What were you doing on the interstates, 75?

bobbyb

Cruisng @ about 70-75, once in rush hour traffic in Minneapolis 80-90, whatever it took. the sweet spot for gas mileage is just around 70 mph in my opinion. wish I could get that around town!
B

FZER

Avid Rider
50 sounds right to me. Even with some curves, in city run throughs to the next road, and elevation changes my Sunday rides usually average 48-50mpg.

Harrywz

nice ride iam going to ride from victoria bc to halifax ns on the 20th of august going to be fun.

Nice run. Be prepared for what will be the longest stretch thru Ontario. You'll find that the best way from Ottawa to Riviere Du Loupe is to 4 lane it. If you have a passport, its nicer going thru VT,NH and ME and then cutting back into Canada or even taking the ferry from ME to NS.

bobbyb

Enjoy your trip, be safe. But remember that the FZ8 doesn't have the most comfortable seat. Be ready for a sore butt and some stretching. I'd invest in a gel seat cover to ride a distance again.
B

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Brave soul.... I don't think I could handle 500+ miles in one day on the stock seat.