Surgery

S

Shock

Well after years of abuse I'm going to have to have shoulder surgery. They are going to have to shave off the end of my clavicle. Going to schedule it in April sometime. I really hope that I won't be off the bike too long.

B

bren

good luck with it mate!

I dare say you will be off for 2-3 months!

C

Camo

Sux to be you.... Had a full shoulder reco some years ago, physio was not fun at all!
Fingers crossed you get morphine afterwards! That's the only upside to being in hospital lol

Good luck with it all.

S

Shock

Yikes !! What caused you to have to require that kind of surgery?

20+ years of weight lifting has caused the end of the bone to get jacked up according to the doc. He said its pretty common

H

Hoover

Good luck mate.
Being down for a while FUCKING SUCKS. Trust me.
Speedy recovery time.

ssky0078

If you can make it to a natural foods store (yea the hippy stores) you can get a couple things that speed up recovery.

Arnica Montana 30c pellets (dissolve under tongue) and Arnicare Gel both by a company called Boiron. Basically helps the body heal up faster after trauma, bruising, strains, sprains, damage to the body.

Jarrow Bone UP: a combination of all the nutrients that your body needs to fix up bone.

Lots of Vitamin C with bioflavinoids: 2-4,000 mg's per day. Helps the collagen knit together the tore up parts. If you smoke, stop during recovery. Smoking totally screws your bodies ability to heal.

2 weeks after surgery get on some Fish oil (1000-1500 EPA/DHA content)

S

Shock

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm not going under the knife until April sometime have to finish my fence and paint the house first. Then I willing to do it because once the heat comes back to Texas it doesn't let up for awhile.

rug_burn

Good luck. Shouldn't really be a problem, though, but any time a doctor's cutting on you, you got my sympathy.
I've had a shitload of surgeries after getting burned a while back. I can relate.

S

Shock

Good luck. Shouldn't really be a problem, though, but any time a doctor's cutting on you, you got my sympathy.
I've had a shitload of surgeries after getting burned a while back. I can relate.

Ouch how you're alright now