Rebuilding

schmittz

So I lowsided, thank god I had the cage, that and my leg took most of the damage, also bent my bars, everything else is fine, except for some scratches on the swingarm. So now I'm looking into a new set of bars, or maybe even clip ons, any suggestions??

Sorry to hear man...well..can always get new stock ones...or renthal or speigler lsl make steel and aluminum bars off all bends and both also make fat bars(need new risers) I have spiegler lsl superbike bend aluminum bars...they cut a lot of weight but will not take a crash

A lot of people like that Carmichael bend bars from Renthal. I can't speak from experience though. Glad both you and the bike are mostly okay.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

An out-of-state friend of mine said he's got a set of clip-ons for free if they fit.. If not, I'll look into the renthal's, thanks!

Apex riser clip ons are adjustable, about a half inch lower than stock to full out sport bike angles.

Btw I've got original rear sets, fender, brake light and a bunch of stuff, let me know what you need and we will work something out.

Glad your ok, what do you mean your leg took most of the damage? Will you loose it lol j/k :p

A lot of people like that Carmichael bend bars from Renthal. I can't speak from experience though. Glad both you and the bike are mostly okay.

got the fatty Carmichael's on my motard really like them.

Apex riser clip ons are adjustable, about a half inch lower than stock to full out sport bike angles.

Btw I've got original rear sets, fender, brake light and a bunch of stuff, let me know what you need and we will work something out.

Glad your ok, what do you mean your leg took most of the damage? Will you loose it lol j/k :p

Ahh thanks man, it slid mostly on the cage, tires, and well, my leg lol. Nothing that serious, some bruising and some missing skin, hey any accident you walk and ride away from are good ones ;) I was looking into danmoto adjustable rearsets, but those adjustable clip ons you mentioned have certainly gotten my interest haha

Out of curiosity, do you wear riding pants?

Out of curiosity, do you wear riding pants?

Not exactly riding pants, but carhart insulated coveralls, surprisingly it was my arm that lost some skin...( I was wearing a leather jacket ce approved)

Huh, sorry to hear. Still glad that you're mostly ok.

Got it back together for the most part, bent the bars back as much as I could.. Waiting on my shogun sliders, danmoto rearsets, ais blockoff plates and for guhl to get back to me..
AC7BE48F-1985-4CD1-A230-8CEEFB81C20F-12898-0000013F2EC6F3E9_zps87c3e262.jpg

74E4B253-B6F1-488D-A4C7-F6145B55E30E-12898-0000013F3F21F685_zps097b1b9e.jpg

Mocked up a set of r6 clip ons. I like the height on them, because after a road trip last sunday, I realized how crappy trying to stay full tuck for over 80 miles was. But they're not exactly what I'm looking for so I'll probably be in the market for a new bar. Any ideas on some that are lower with relatively little sweep to them??

Went with drag bars, then inverted them, got my rearsets, shogun sliders, and the guhl flash. Have radiator covers, and the passanger seat coming in soon, then a full paint job over the winter.

how did you like those Danmoto rearsets? And are you gonna sell your clip os i saw the adjustable ones mentioned earlier in the forum and now im interested. Glad to see you are back up and riding.

how did you like those Danmoto rearsets? And are you gonna sell your clip os i saw the adjustable ones mentioned earlier in the forum and now im interested. Glad to see you are back up and riding.

I'm not going to use the clip on's, so $5 plus shipping if you're interested . And thanks man! Danmoto reasrsets are great, I like the riding stance a lot better than stock.

Last edited:
Back