r6 throttle tube help

Sinooch

as ive seen many other people have done I swapped my throttle tube with the r6 throttle tube. My problem is im having issues with my throttle sticking. when I initially installed it I had issues with it not returning to closed throttle. So I took off the tube I put a little bit of general all purpose grease inside the tube to help it out. it worked great for about a week and after being away this past weekend I came back and found out while driving that my throttle tube is now sticking to where ever I let go of it. I played with it a little and it got slightly better, but the return from WOT is not what it should be. instead of the instantaneous snap back its more of a slow crawl back to close. Anyone else who installed the r6 tube have this issue?

Make sure your cables are not pinched or anything. Also depending on your grips you may need to shave the tube or pop the end circle off. Also check the tightness of your bar ends if you have them.

Make sure your cables are not pinched or anything. Also depending on your grips you may need to shave the tube or pop the end circle off. Also check the tightness of your bar ends if you have them.

There was an issue with the cables during initial installation but I got it seated properly and then there were no issues. I already popped the end off the grips I bought and the bar end doesn't affect it cause It was giving me issues when it was on and off. I did notice a little bit of grip glue that had dried on the end of my bar and I cleaned it off and its slightly better now, but its still not where it should be. and whats annoying me the most is that I had it tuned in perfectly when I finished the install the first time. the return from WOT was exactly like it should have been. then the bike sat for 5 days without being able to touch it and now its not returning right again.

I hear you're supposed to turn the bars all the way left and make freeplay adjustments, from what other members say, haven't done it myself yet.

ill give it a shot, but it just seems like im gonna have to take it apart again to figure it out. I feel like it might have something to do with the all purpose grease I used. just don't feel like redoing everything again, but id rather be safe then sorry

I believe I just need to take it off and clean out all the grease because I think that's the issue. the grease got some dirt in it and is beginning to sludge up

Did you ever adjust the throttle free play? If not that is likely the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play around with the adjustment a little bit. Until I adjusted mine my throttle wouldn't snap back correctly. Just a few turns will likely make the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to fix it. I took odd the throttle tube again and the grease sludged up causing it to stick. so I got some degreaser and cleaned it inside and out and when I put it back on I used a little bit of the 6 in 1. kinda like dry lube I guess. but it works great now. thanks for everyones suggestions and attempts at helping.

Back