http://www.faic.cc

kjonas75

Anyone used these folks to provide custom Power Commander maps for $50 ?
Looking at a custom map for the FZ8 with K&N and Graves slip on.

kjonas75

I'm curious as to how these guys can build you a map. What is the base they are running off of?

They sent me an email that they wanted me to send them my map, so they can get the version no.

I have no idea how to provide this as I don't have the Power Commander yet.

Sounds like they want the stock Yamaha map, but not sure if the Power Commander has a feature to backup the stock Yamaha map.

I'm new to all this so I am trying to gather as much info as possibe before I get my Power Commander next week.

I am also confused about the O2 Optimiser that has been used on most of the maps I found.

They sent me an email that they wanted me to send them my map, so they can get the version no.

I have no idea how to provide this as I don't have the Power Commander yet.

Sounds like they want the stock Yamaha map, but not sure if the Power Commander has a feature to backup the stock Yamaha map.

I'm new to all this so I am trying to gather as much info as possibe before I get my Power Commander next week.

I am also confused about the O2 Optimiser that has been used on most of the maps I found.

The O2 optimizer is a unit that plugs in under the tank. Figure g in the linked pdf explains what it does. http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/22-040/install/pcv/eng22-040.pdf

Unsure if it can back up the stock map from the Yamaha ECU. I believe that the PCV comes loaded with a duplicate of the stock Yamaha map.

The Power Commander part number I bought is the 22-040 and seems to include the a single channel O2 Optimizer.

However I still don't understand why some maps state O2 Optimser and others don't.

Any idea what exactly it means that a map was created with an O2 Optimizer ?

Since I will be installing the optimizer (as in the instriction), I assume I also have to use a map that has been created with the O2 Optimizer.

Back