helmet lock?

DanS

Commuter
Congrats on the new bike and :welcome: to the forum! Theres a couple short loops of fabric on the underside of the seat ~ not sure if it was intended to be a helmet lock or what?... I just let my helmet hang off the handle bar and hope someone steals it! lol... I hate wearing that hot heavy pos but I usually do. I can't imagine someone else wanting to put that sweaty smelly thing on their head ;)

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
Yea..those little strips under the rear seat are the helmet lock...there is a little cut out around the the seat somewhere for the helmet strap to fit....I had a buddy show me how to use it once..but I was trying the other day and couldn't figure it out...if you can figure it out..let us know lol...otherwise...you can buy one for your triple clamp

jukemike1

i bought one of those $5.00 'word' cable locks from wally world. The kind intended for bicycles. It fits under the seat for storage, and the bright red color deters 'grab and go' thieves. But if a real thief wants my $150 HJC I'm sure he'll figure it out. :mad:

RD GUY

That's pretty nice. I'm looking at adding a helmet lock as well. Where did you get the parts?

the lock is from a YAMAHA WR250X ,I made the mounting plate from 1/8" aluminum and bolted in the rear foot peg holes,works great and only takes a few minutes to put the peg back on if I choose to go 2 up.

goonanc

i have a $5 combi lock cable from wally-world. i leave it wrapped around the handle bars and just pop it thru the chin and voila