Akrapovic Slip-On vs. Full Exhaust

nordberg

Anyone know what the power difference is between just a slip-on and a full Akra exhaust? I have a PCV and would like to use the AutoTune as well, but don't want to drill into my stock header for other O2 sensor unless I am sure about buying a full exhaust. Seems to me that the gain difference between the two is minimal. Also wondering if the Akra full comes with the second bung pre-installed. I saw that someone had made mention that a Graves full exhaust does, but I cannot locate that type of exhaust for sale anywhere.

Other performance mods I have on my 2011 FZ8 (US model) include the air box mod with K & N filter, Graves block off plates and PCV with stock map. The bike woke up considerably even with just a stock map. I bought the AutoTune already, just need to install it on my current pipe (or new one if I go with full exhaust). I don't know of any maps out there that match my new set up either. Anyone suggest where I should go for that?

Thanks, Men!

F

Fazed

Normally the gain from a full system is not worth the expense, however as the full system will not have a cat there could be some considerable gains, which, unfortunately, I cannot put a figure too.

Personally I would only buy a full system or replacement headers if I wanted to get rid of the cat. Yes I could bash my cat out, but if I get pinged by the boys in blue for no cat it is mighty hard to unbash a cat back in. Alot easier to bolt the old system on, pass the inspection and go back to the better setup afterwards.

Ben1105

Don't know about Akra but I just got my two bros slipon and I've noticed a slight pick up in power, plus the amazing sound.

master paper clip

This bike is so much better without a cat, a lot more grunt, and with auto tune u replace your o2 sensor, not add it, it replaces the stock o2 sensor and connect to the autotune

F

Fazed

This bike is so much better without a cat, a lot more grunt, and with auto tune u replace your o2 sensor, not add it, it replaces the stock o2 sensor and connect to the autotune

So there is your answer. The full system will be noticeably better.

W

WARPTH

Do we have any dyno figures to prove these claims?

D

Deleted member 438

The fs gets rid of the flat spot near 5k and gives a linear power and torque curve. It makes it all buttery smooth.

Jwood9

What header options are available for us? i would like to punch out my cat, but replacing it isnt an option is it?

goldfz8

hey there, I have a full graves low mount and it does have the extra bung on it. Also ive ridden a bike with just a slip on yoshi and my bike with the full exhaust and the difference is noticable. Personaly the graves looks way better too. For an extra couple 100s I think its a good investment if you dont want to look back and wonder what if.

Other mods.
air box mod
filter
block off plates

COMING SOON
DYNO JET WITH DYNO TUNE

once i get numbers ill be sure to post
im sure it will help many other fz8 owners. From talking to the tuner who is very big here in ny he said i could probably get about 120 wheel out of it. but we will see what happens.

F

Fazed

What header options are available for us? i would like to punch out my cat, but replacing it isnt an option is it?

I believe the options are Akrapovic, Graves and Arrow. I know the Arrow accepts any aftermarket pipe on the end of their headers. Not sure about the others.

All this talk is starting to make me think I need new headers :)

C

Camo

I believe the options are Akrapovic, Graves and Arrow. I know the Arrow accepts any aftermarket pipe on the end of their headers. Not sure about the others.

All this talk is starting to make me think I need new headers :)

+1
I've been talking myself out of it since I got the bike lol. I just can't justify the outlay at this point.

C

Camo

Do it! I've got the map for you.
It's like you're all dressed up like the devil, a 6 inch tall one, sitting on my right shoulder saying "do it! Buy the thing, fark what your wife says! Who wears the pants in your house?".

And my wife, all dressed up like..well herself, holding a knife to my scrotum and saying in almost a whisper "these are mine if your bike goes any faster".

Lol... Maybe late next year ;)

C

Camo

:rof: of that whole post, you got that my wife is mean! Lmfao!

She's a very understanding woman really. If I wanted to blow money on headers, PCV and other performance mods she'd likely nod and smile as I dug into the savings(while secretly cursing my bike)... I'd feel guilty.