Your Pride & Joy... Currents pics with list of Mods

Speedo007

For those maybe not familiar with the terms, f1.8 is the aperture of the lens (the lower the number the shorter depth of field you will obtain enabling you to isolate the subject from the blurred background, the higher the number, the bigger the focus area will be), in streetf8tr's case my guess would be a 50mm, f1.8 lens. So if you have a Rebel with a 18-55mm kit don't expect to be able to obtain this kind of short depth of field, unless shooting really up close macro or that your really close to the subject and background is very far. If you do have a Rebel the Canon 50mm f1.8 and even the f1.4 are great bang for the buck. Nikon have a cheap 50mm lens too thats equivalent.

Depth of field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another lens I like is the Canon 85mm 1.8 it's down side is purple fringing, when shooting under f2.5 in contrasty images, but otherwise another affordable lens that is super sharp and allows nice short depth of field (this was shot @f2.5).

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

i am more of a point and shoot kinda guy when it comes to cameras. the cheaper the better because there is good chance i will drop it or leave it somewhere.

streetf8tr

For those maybe not familiar with the terms, f1.8 is the aperture of the lens (the lower the number the shorter depth of field you will obtain enabling you to isolate the subject from the blurred background, the higher the number, the bigger the focus area will be), in streetf8tr's case my guess would be a 50mm, f1.8 lens. So if you have a Rebel with a 18-55mm kit don't expect to be able to obtain this kind of short depth of field, unless shooting really up close macro or that your really close to the subject and background is very far. If you do have a Rebel the Canon 50mm f1.8 and even the f1.4 are great bang for the buck. Nikon have a cheap 50mm lens too thats equivalent.

Depth of field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another lens I like is the Canon 85mm 1.8 it's down side is purple fringing, when shooting under f2.5 in contrasty images, but otherwise another affordable lens that is super sharp and allows nice short depth of field (this was shot @f2.5).

Speedo007 said it better than any attempts i can try to make. I used a Nikon dslr with a 35mm lens. But like he said, any fixed focal lens will get you the blur effect easily when shot at f/1.8 - f/3.5

jumb5150

My Mistress

She will have a proper photoshoot as soon as I install bars and Front blinkers.

Pazzo Levers
Evo Tech Rad guard
Airbox mod with K&N
PCV
Motodynamic LED brake light
Ebay Mirrors
Gallfer Front Steel lines
Powder Coated rear pegs ( done by me )
HID 6k
Yoshi R77D

About to install Renthal Streetfighters and Rizoma Action front signals

Last edited:

Dom83

have ordered motodynamic as well! Tell me if you have any problems installing your front led plz....cuz on the website they say "If aftermarket front LED signals are installed
resistors must be installed on front" and it really confuse me

Black Widow

Avid Rider

Yamaha Rad gaurd
FZ8 frame sliders
MRA Racescreen(not shown)
Pazzo Levers(black with gold adjusters)
Yamaha center stand
Blaze Saddle Bags/Ogio Tail bag
Ride-It bar end Mirrors
Yamaha Fly screen
Tech Spec tank grips
Michelin PR3 front and rear(not shown)

Last edited:

Crazywb23

2011 FZ8 black,
power commander 5
two bros slip on
K&N intake filter
custom dyno tune-104hp
goodridge shadow s-braided brake lines
graves bar ends
tourmaster bar end mirrors
vortex levers
yamaha frame sliders
tail tidy
intergrated rear light
front led turn signals with led run lights
2007 FZ1 rear shock,

waiting to install:
2008 FZ1 fork assembly (got the forks, gonna rebuild the adjustable assembly in the stock tubes)

View attachment 197

View attachment 195

View attachment 196

mano1192

Sure is a Luimoto, great quality you will be very happy with it. Installation is a pain in the a55. Another memeber gave me a good tip, let it heat up in the sun first it makes stretching it into place much easier.

Hey mano, is the seatcover from luimoto? They look very nice. I am planning to buy one for my white fz8, in white, black, gold. Is it easy to fit? I have to do it my self because there is no dealer here in belgium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V

Vapordan

She's a bit shy

She just got home.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DJK1505

Lets see if I can remember everything. Handle bars, ebay mirrors, ebay grips, usb port, BT016 tires 190 rear, PCV, two brothers exhaust, gutted cat,. -1 +2 sprockets, DID gold chain, air box mod, K&N, quick turn throttle, Vortex rear sets with GP shift, LED blinkers, integrated rear lights, I have the PCV auto tune just have not had a chance to install, read my sig, not sure what else I am missing!

K-Gr.

I finally got to take photos of my 8 :)

Leo Vince exhaust
Rizoma LEDs
Rizoma tail tidy

not much more for now.

V

Vapordan

Here's Mine

Yoshimura R-77D CF Exhaust

Coming Next: HIDs :cool:

street
Can u give more details about those slips from yoshimura? Did u have to remap? Is it loud, loudish or a bit above stock? I think this will be my next mod and its a toss up between these and the akroprovic. But I really like these. Also, do you get extra heat next to your foot - I don't see any heat shields.

Last edited by a moderator: