your opinion

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
While it's awful that it happened. The lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

K-Gr.

Every time I think the stupidity reached its absolute maximum - someone proves me wrong :) Honestly, I am amazed!

lothodon

Super Moderator
i couldn't even watch it after i got the gist of the video. it's a publicity stunt by a "typical" lawyer sadly. they want to get their name out there even though they know for certain it will get laughed out of court by the judge.

hypo

so I googled "lawsuit texting driver" and its all over the news outlets that it might be considered PARTLY YOUR FAULT if you text to someone who is driving and they answer/read your text and wreck.

FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

mavpsa

i must admit, i didn't think that so many would've responded w/that opinion. riding in this city, i'm always cursing people out for texting, reading, playing w/their "thing" while driving, so i thought some of you would have commented, right on:rockon:

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
LA, is the same way. I honestly would say that at least 33% of the time I looking in someone's car here, particularly at rush-hour, are on the phone texting in their lap. I swear it has actually gotten worse now that they give tickets for it. Before, at least they kept the phone up where they could sort of see the road. It is unfortunate but I don't think there is any legislation in the world that will change the behavior.

mckshred

My vent on Cell Phones

I didn't have to watch the video to share the frustration of my forum brothers. Here's my vent.

Last week on the freeway, in the car next to me is the driver (gal) texting @ 80 mph and the guy riding shotgun is smoking a bowl. Maybe that is safer than the other way around? I got the F away from them as fast as I could.

Another time, I'm turning onto the highway entrance ramp (2 lanes) and the lane next to me is a gal texting and turning uphill onto the ramp. I blasted my horn and just about made her pee her pants. She almost even dropped her phone....It was great.

On a positive note, even with my bad neck, I am suddenly able to rotate my head 180 degrees (almost exorcist style) and give the wagging finger (not the bird finger) to the idiot behind me who is texting....and then I disappear.

There's 2 thing I notice riding now - (since I last rode in the early 80's) - highway speeds and cars drive much faster and everyone in a car is on the GD phone.

Makes me want to:
1) move to a small town
2) get my Concealed Weapons Permit
3) become a LEO

If I ever get into an accident of any kind, I am subpoenaing the other drivers phone records just in case.