You know what I hate?

hypo

I hate when you get a new toy (read motorcycle). you peruse all the available goodies and gadgets, you work out your budget and your wishlist accordingly, you get partial permission from your beloved better half to make a few purchases and...

the first item is on back order and won't be shipped until a week and a half from that late night in front of the tv with permission...

so you order the second item which costs less, and was pointed out and suggested by your loving wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend and for the next 3-5 days you check the website and see the status hasn't changed on the order, so you call, leave a voicemail, and instead of a call back you get an email showing that the postal service was notified that they would be shipping your package, but there's no tracking information to check to assuage your paranoia, and no definitive timeline or ANYTHING to make you feel better...

so you wait 2 more days and order a third item thats even CHEAPER and now you're hoping and praying that all three items don't show up on the same date since YOU can't check the mail and avoid the confrontations...

and you still can't find good looking mirrors that don't cost more than $300 a set....

lothodon

Super Moderator
cute story, but i found amazing rizoma replica's for $90 shipped. look great, great quality and shipped RIDICULOUSLY fast.

hypo

given. but I like the uniquity (Uniquity - definition) of having different mirrors than everyone else unless we like the same thing. Love some Rizoma's, but you got the dynamics right? I want the nakeds or the sanso's... wonder if there's a ripoff of those out there yet. I'll be lookin! :)

and its NOT a cute story. its a frustrating story. like alexanders no good very bad day kinda story. and don't pull out the "it could always be worse" story either. don't wanna hear it.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
ah, uniqueness comes at a price i guess. i'd rather be cheap and a sheep. i live in a small town and doubt i'll ever see another fz8 so i don't mind having the same stuff as anyone else on the planet.

Last edited:

hypo

nice.

and now... while I impatiently wait for parts to arrive (3 separate orders) and I itch to add more items and with nothing to do, I look longingly at mirrors (probably Senso, but maybe naked prototypes or circuits) and pray my wife doesn't completely flip out as the packages start to arrive... ;)

hypo

YEAHHHHHHHHH... C3 gripsters came in last nite and my tail tidy showed up this morning!! ahhhhhhhhh...

:)