When The Bikes Put Away, How Do You Play?

pajkrubi

Go wheeling of course! This is my money pit, it's a 2007 wrangler unlimited rubicon commonly refered to as a JK rubicon. It's got a modest 2.5" lift, 35" goodyear MTR's and a bunch of other little small things here and there. We wheel year round regardless of weather. I avoid mud like the plaque but LOVE me some rocks and boulders!

master paper clip

My friends a hard core wrangler fan and refuses to consider the 4 doors a real wrangler..... But eff that noise I love the 4 doors specially when there kitted up like yours, they just looks so good.... Nice rig u got there

pajkrubi

Yeah I run across some of the old school mind set guys but usually after I wheel with them they change their minds. My friends always joke around with me about it being the school bus or grocery getter but I go everywhere they go and mine is MUCH more stable on really steep climbs. Plus mine is something you can actaully have for your only vehicle because it actually has plenty of rear seat room and storage space behind the rear seat. It's funny because when my friends need somewhere to put tools, coolers, spare parts or whatever they come to me. LOL It's all in good fun though. My wrangler is just as much a wrangler as every one before it. It still has seven slats in the grill, solid axles front and rear, body on a real frame, real transfer case, removable top and doors and everything else. Mines just a lot more comfortable and practical. I think deep down inside people like your friend are jealous. LOL

pajkrubi

It's crazy expensive, stick to bikes! LOL Just a good set of built junkyard dana 60 axles built up nice with lockers and all the trimmings will run you about 3-4 grand and to buy a set of high end custom dana 60's from like currie or terraflex will run $12,000 for the set!! A good quality lift with all adjustable control arms and eveything will run $2,000. It's completely nuts. That's why I started with a rubicon so I got the lockers and a bunch of other offroad goodies with the jeep from the factory. That's also why right now I'm just on a low budget spacer lift. The thing is though that a good set of even 35" tires like mine will run you $1,500 and you're lucky to get 30k miles out of them.:(

cambo

Avid Rider
It's crazy expensive, stick to bikes! LOL Just a good set of built junkyard dana 60 axles built up nice with lockers and all the trimmings will run you about 3-4 grand and to buy a set of high end custom dana 60's from like currie or terraflex will run $12,000 for the set!! A good quality lift with all adjustable control arms and eveything will run $2,000. It's completely nuts. That's why I started with a rubicon so I got the lockers and a bunch of other offroad goodies with the jeep from the factory. That's also why right now I'm just on a low budget spacer lift. The thing is though that a good set of even 35" tires like mine will run you $1,500 and you're lucky to get 30k miles out of them.:(

pajkrubi...that's awesome dude, the 4-door jeeps are my favorite. Before I had the 8, I was trying to trick out my F150...until I ran into the issue you mentioned...the g'damn price tag of everything! I got as far as 35's, a level, and an exhaust/intake/tune before I called it quits haha. I think there's a pic of my 150 in my album somewhere...shit i'll just post it here. I never even got to really take it off roading aside from my step dad's farmland haha. Anyway, shortly after, I returned it all to stock, sold everything off, and gave the truck to my step dad for work use...talk about a giant waste of money!

Anyway, this is my new 'two wheeled' fun. Since I can't be on a motorcycle, I'm back on a mountain bike for the time being.

Also, there seems to be a ton of snowboarders here, hell yeah, anybody ever go to seven springs, whitetail, or round top? I'd be down for a meet up this winter. I've been busting my ass lately changing a shit ton of diapers, I've earned my kitchen pass G*D DAMNIT.

Attachments

• user2226_pic1360_1380762585.jpg
    user2226_pic1360_1380762585.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 59

cambo

Avid Rider
Looks to be more of a downhill bike than an MTB.

haha, dude that's like saying your fz8 looks to be more of a sport bike than a motorcycle. haha, just kidding man, I know what you mean

no you're exactly right, the dude I bought it from had it set up as a downiller but I'll be using it as a cross country rig here because that's the only riding we've got and I'm too poor to change out the fork. I won't be winning any races or anything lol, but I'll have a helluva lot of fun on the descents!

pajkrubi

That was a really nice F150 Cambo. Before my jeep I had a nissan titan that I leveled and had 35's on. Also had a nice magnaflow exhaust and a programmer on it. That truck was fast as hell! It was just too big for the trails up here and I really didn't use it as a truck anymore so I traded it on the jeep. That's a very expensive looking mountain bike there! A guy at work has one of those fancy ones and they get quite expensive.

cambo

Avid Rider
That was a really nice F150 Cambo. Before my jeep I had a nissan titan that I leveled and had 35's on. Also had a nice magnaflow exhaust and a programmer on it. That truck was fast as hell! It was just too big for the trails up here and I really didn't use it as a truck anymore so I traded it on the jeep. That's a very expensive looking mountain bike there! A guy at work has one of those fancy ones and they get quite expensive.

ahh nice, I was debating between the Titan, the Tundra, and the F150. Tundra was out because that's just too baller status for me. The Pro-4x Titan was sooooo nice but I ended up opting for the slightly more gas friendly choice. Yeah I bet the magnaflow sounded boss on the titan. I had a hearthrob on my 150 and...because it was the v6 ecoboost, it sounded like a vagina unfortunately. But it was super fast dude especially with a tune. I would easily pull away from Mustangs, Camaro's, 370zs (with stock tires on, not the 35s lol)! With the 93oct tune I was supposedly at about 470whp (although I never got that dynoed)

and thanks man! you wouldn't believe the deal I got on the mtn bike. I agree, usually these rides can get up there, and a bike like this, I wouldn't even bother giving a double take...I'd always assume it's way out of reach...but for whatever reason, this guy could NOT sell it on ebay. I walked away with it at the lowest bid...I couldn't believe it. I literally almost shit myself in excitement. I pretty much got the entire build for the price of what the fork on it alone would've cost.

Anyway, I'm just excited to finally have a decent rig that can handle my fat ass...I'm so tired of taco'ing everything under me lol.

Last edited:

pajkrubi

That sounds like mean ass truck! Mine dynoed 303 at the wheels with just the exhaust and I never got it dynoed again after the tuner and airbox mod but it did go from a best of 15.3@90mph with just the exhaust to 14.8@93mph with the tuner on the 87 octane tune at gainesville raceway in almost identical weather with the stock tires. The 35's really killed it though. It was still fast but not stupid fast (for fullsize 4x4 truck standards anyway. LOL).

That's awesome that you got such a great deal on that bike! I've had a few really good deals from time to time too but I've also had to let a bunch go just because I didn't have the money.:(

Oh and I just saw the thread the other night where you were in an accident. I hope you have a fast and full recovery.

cambo

Avid Rider
Oh and I just saw the thread the other night where you were in an accident. I hope you have a fast and full recovery.

thanks dude! yup...all healed up now. I miss the 8 like crazy...coming back to this forum breaks my heart everytime.

badgerfan

I do a fair amount of skiing ,met a girl on my bike this summer and she is a big ice fishing nut so guess i'll be giving that a try.
have a 2010 yz 450 w/ an athena big bore kit that I took out on the ice last year, been to a couple of pre season meetings for ice racing, might give it a try,

gotta ride somehow :)

pajkrubi

thanks dude! yup...all healed up now. I miss the 8 like crazy...coming back to this forum breaks my heart everytime.

Glad to hear you're all healed up! So are they fixing it or totaling it? If they total it are you looking at another 8 or getting a 9? After seeing the 9's in person I totally lost all interest in them, they are UGLY!! Granted that's just my opinion though. There's a lot of great deals out there too on leftover 8's. I picked mine up brand new for $6,344 from yamaha of camp hill. There's a place out in state college selling them for $6,999 too.

F

fz8kansas

Had a beautiful weekend in the heartland, was able to get out and ride for awhile. Still can't put it away yet.

Ever since I put my bike away I've been spending all my free time at my fire station instead of working on the 8. Tis' the season for some exciting fires! There is no way for me to respond with the bike so I have to pick up the slack when its garaged lol.

TorontoAlex

I have been hunting between work the last 3 weeks. I forgot how much I love sitting in the woods. I have yet to see a deer, but I had a fox come up to my bait and sniff it. He heard me and took off. I've seen partridge, lots of turkeys, and a beaver crossing a road. My buddies shot 2 deer and a bear while I was at their property a couple weeks ago. First time I seen someone gut a deer!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I do a fair amount of skiing ,met a girl on my bike this summer and she is a big ice fishing nut so guess i'll be giving that a try.
have a 2010 yz 450 w/ an athena big bore kit that I took out on the ice last year, been to a couple of pre season meetings for ice racing, might give it a try,

gotta ride somehow :)

That one's a keeper! If she ever pisses you off, you have the perfect way to get rid of her! You, Her, a hole in the ice.... Who would know anything?:D