When The Bikes Put Away, How Do You Play?

MotoZen

I feel your pain my friend. I am in the same boat for a few more years

A couple of years still for me too. My son is two and my wife works the night shift a few days a week. I consider myself a part-time single parent. I get home from work, we eat dinner, she goes to work, and I spend the rest of my time taking care of him and doing regular household chores. It's a good thing that my son is pretty awesome or I might have gone insane by now.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Speedy2

I try not to put my bike away. I switch to my vstar 1300 cruiser for winter riding b/c it has plugs for my heated gear. I pray for those 40/50 degree days during the winter. Otherwise, I get cabin fever. :eek: Take my WRX out in the snow when snow falls.

MotoZen

What is this "put your bikes away"? What an odd thing to say! ;)

Try moving up north and see if you still feel that way. I've been riding to work in below freezing temperatures recently. It sucks when you're riding and can't feel your fingers.

On top of that, I'm sure they are going to start calling for snow soon; there will be a fine coating of salt on everything a few days before anything even touches the ground.

I'm sad now. I think I'll go give my bike a hug.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DSmith

so the bike got put away this past weekend. i gotta admit its extremely depressing. this is my first riding season and i can tell its gonna be a loonggg winter already. im catching up on old hobbies though cause riding took up every free second of my life, not that that's a bad thing

reALIGNed

I fly my helicopters more once the bike is put away.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFdGF5ToFJQ]fun fly - YouTube[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Guns guns guns :D

I need to get to the range... I've finally got my hands on some ammo and we have an indoor range near work, so, about time to put holes in paper!!!

and, I was down a vehicle, so I've been riding the bike for the last few weeks, even with heated grips and jacket, it's F#@$#$@# cold out here

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I need to get to the range... I've finally got my hands on some ammo and we have an indoor range near work, so, about time to put holes in paper!!!

and, I was down a vehicle, so I've been riding the bike for the last few weeks, even with heated grips and jacket, it's F#@$#$@# cold out here

Cheapest way to get your fix is a $45 daisy powerline 880, a back yard, a box full of dirt, and target stickers. We have monthly 'AA' meetings (Alcohol and Ammunition) where we sit around and drink beer and shoot BB guns. Good times in lieu of 2 wheels.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Cheapest way to get your fix is a $45 daisy powerline 880, a back yard, a box full of dirt, and target stickers. We have monthly 'AA' meetings (Alcohol and Ammunition) where we sit around and drink beer and shoot BB guns. Good times in lieu of 2 wheels.

my pellet gun got a lot of use this Summer!!! Cheap ammo and still fun... on one of my ammo runs for .22, out of course, I picked up a few more tins of pellets

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Hell yes. We just had our meeting on Tuesday. I didn't get to ride that day, so it was a nice relief. A friend of mine brought over a Red Ryder. As crappy as they are, they're so much fun! One 'pump' (**** the lever action), aim, pull the trigger. It's accurate enough to hit a cider can from 25 feet every time. Anyone else have fond childhood memories of that gun?

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Hell yes. We just had our meeting on Tuesday. I didn't get to ride that day, so it was a nice relief. A friend of mine brought over a Red Ryder. As crappy as they are, they're so much fun! One 'pump' (**** the lever action), aim, pull the trigger. It's accurate enough to hit a cider can from 25 feet every time. Anyone else have fond childhood memories of that gun?

really? I can't say c0ck? even when it refers to the action on a bb gun? or a rooster?

Last edited:

thach1130

I love air rifle and pistol too. Pellets are cheaper than bullet and so silent. I can pick off a bird from a tree and the rest don't scatter off. Even if i miss they think a fly just flew by them. I own a few pistol and rifle. Been thinking of moving up to .22 or .25 caliber.

Crosman 1377 multipump pistol
Crosman m4-177 multipump rifle (looks like an AR)
Benjamin Discovery .177 PCP rifle with 10 shot magazine conversion.

F

fz8kansas

Cool guns, a few weeks ago a 14 year old kid got shot by a cop because he had one of those and did not do what the cop told him. They look too real. Around here in OP, KS shooting a BB gun outside carries the same penalty as as a powder gun. We are also banned from fireworks of all types. It sucks! And there are plenty of neighbors who would call the cops.

thach1130

Same deal when i was a resident of NJ. NJ's definition of firearm includes air rifle and pistol. Thank goodness VA does not feel the same. VA's definition of firearm specific state that the projectile must be propel by an explosive i.e. gun powder, etc. But then again this was only legalized recently for Northern VA resident since 2011. In my area at least, prohibits shooting within certain distance from the public road (highway) as well as shooting beyond your property line. But as far as owning it and having it shipped to home, it is no problem at all...the same can't be said about NJ where no one will ship to your home.

I would like to know more about that kid who got shot by the police. Such as how hold he/she is. If you're old enough and do not listen to authority when carrying the above in public then i have no sympathy for the kid. Most of these rifle and pistol even warn of the same thing. It clearly said on the rifle "this is not a toy."

mikefz8

I luckily never put the bike away, but I get to spend more time enjoying the outdoors camping and hiking ;).

This is from atop a dormant volcano in the area.

XL image here

Here is one from a camping location back in midOctober.

XL image here.

Last edited: