What Tires are these ???

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
The risks we take.... That guy was good. Did it sound like the engine started misfiring after riding through that? Or was that just because it was a twin. Either way: scary. I am impressed that he didn't end up UNDER that puddle.

alexk

Weekend Rider
The deepest stream I've forded was about 3 inches... enough to push rocks and a cop car off the road and into the ditch. I didn't have much of a choice in that downpour, as all ways around involved low water crossings and several feet of water.

Remember, when you're dealing with that much water, you need to keep everything in balance. It's entirely possible to hydroplane front and rear and keep it upright and straight... if you're skilled and lucky.

But of course... if you have the chance, don't chance it. Turn around, don't drown.

lance2448

I used to practice this in a parking lot that would get a foot or two of water when it rained. I'd be most worried about the engine stalling with that much water though :eek:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
No fear about hydrolock on, at least, our motors. The airbox is strategically hidden under the tank and pulls air in from a few gaps sandwiched between the motor and the fuel tank. Unless you've done the Airbox mod, the opening is really no bigger than the skinny side of a deck of cards. (yeah! That small). On top of that, the filter requires water to come up through the hole, and then up through the filter. After that, water that has pooled at the base of the velocity stacks needs to get sucked in. I'd have been more worried about hydroplane.

Though personally,I probably wouldn't have been revvin' it like he did, but I can definitely understand his frustration with riding though water like that. I get really pissy riding through sprinkler puddles.