What do you do to afford your FZ8?

J

jer

Former trained auto mechanic during the dawn of new brands Infiniti and Lexus, both of which were so not my style and now 20 yrs later I love my Lexus. Trained in computer technical support but had a 16 yr career as a night crew grocery clerk. Stopped working in 2011 to raise my 2nd son, now 4, everyday and spend more time with my 1st son who is about to turn 11. Proud to be a Stay at Home Father.

nctrooper

I seem to be one of the holdouts to remove the rear fender, integrated lights, etc. What do you enforce in NC, do you ticket people for those changes? My wife is hoping a couple job leads win pan out in NC, in NJ now. Also, would you ticket an out of state rider for something that's not illegal in someone's home state?

It's not illegal here to remove the rear fender, etc. The tag does still have to be at the rear of the bike in a left to right horizontal fashion but any fender eliminator kit does that for you. If it's not illegal in another state, I may still ticket here, depending on what it is. Helmet for example. P.S. If the job pans out here in NC, you will have 60 days to acquire NC driver's license and vehicle registrations before your NJ ones become invalid here. Just info for you.

Last edited:

Mikz86ta

1st Shift Lead over SMT at an electronic device manufacturer. Build lots of different things. Mostly RF based. We are under contract and build for other companies. Government, Northrop Grumman, security companies, medical devices, ejection seat location devices, devices to find the black box for aircraft, etc.
Cool stuff :)

SirGrantsalot

I'm a CT and MRI tech. I basically push a few buttons that either irradiates the crap out of you or I put you into a giant superconducting magnet and take control of all your hydrogen atoms.

SVTF119Z

Design Engineer. Nothing super exciting, but chances are you've bought something that was displayed on or by one of our products.