Well I'm a Bit Bummed

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Asked my friend who works at the Yamaha dealership to ask his Rep when the FZ8s will be in. Apparently they won't arrive until January... Not December like all the articles mention... So another month of wait time for me. Was hoping to get my hands on one by Christmas.

In other news, looks like I'll begin parting out my track car by Thursday next week. Hoping to start a new track car project, but I'm still undecided on what platform to work on. Waiting to see how much I can get back from my current car. I have a friend who wants to team up and begin racing professionally. But, I don't think my budget can handle it, especially if I'm going to be getting the FZ8. So, he offers to give me his Honda Shadow!!

I thought he was yanking my chain, but he sounded pretty sincere. He is very serious about racing professionally and getting a license. I'm still very adamant about the FZ8 though... We'll see how things look in the next couple weeks.

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Well. Test road my friend's Honda Shadow. I did not enjoy the ride so much. Felt pretty sloppy. Handle bars were too wide to lane split comfortably. I suppose I could simply change them, but then I would alter the ride position. Seating position wasn't comfortable enough and not as nimble as I'd like. So, I'm definitely still on for the FZ8.

Purchased about $200 in replacement/maintenance parts for my 07 Yamaha XV250. One of the gaskets started leaking oil and the chain is about due for replacement. Already have a few friends looking to buy it once I purchase a new bike. :)

Last edited:

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I would go for the FZ8 over the Shadow anytime mate.If I had the option when I replaced my 6 with another 6 I would have gotten the 8 .

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
I completely agree. The ride comfort on my R6S was awesome. I can only imagine the FZ8 will be even better. Yamaha knows how to make a good seat and set up great riding positions. (I won't say much for the Virago though.... Granted it's a great lane splitter and seating position is good, I won't lie... My cheeks may get an itch after a long ride, hahaha.)

Less than a month till the New Year. I'll be bugging my friend in a couple weeks to ask his Yamaha Rep for a more exact date on the FZ8 arrival.

Last edited:

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Hi guys.

Hope the new year has started off well for you all.

Some news and big decisions on my end.

Unfortunately, I decided to pull out in getting a motorcycle. :(
I'm not hurting financially, nor did I change my mind. I couldn't want any other motorcycle more than the FZ8. But, I decided I'm going to stick with this job for another three or so month, then call it quits so I may focus on my curriculum. I should be financially set to pay tuition for the next couple of years. If all goes well, I'll have my degree, job, and new motorcycle by the time I'm done. :)

This is not good-bye. I'll still be participating on the forums, but my head will be buried in my text books for the most part.

I'll still have my little XV250 and 240SX to get around, so getting an FZ8 isn't practical enough for me to purchase within the next year. My curriculum should be at its hardest during this time, so I'd rather not have a job and focus on my studies. I'm putting my hobbies on the back burner as well, so as not to burn my savings. Hobbies can get so expensive!

Besides... The future of education in California (specifically the universities) is looking very grim and may even collapse on itself. So, I need to get out with a degree asap.

I'm pretty sure I have my priorities in order. Can't wait till this is all said and done with. :)

Last edited:

BDazzler

Hi guys.

Hope the new year has started off well for you all.

Some news and big decisions on my end.

Unfortunately, I decided to pull out in getting a motorcycle. :(
I'm not hurting financially, nor did I change my mind. I couldn't want any other motorcycle more than the FZ8. But, I decided I'm going to stick with this job for another three or so month, then call it quits so I may focus on my curriculum. I should be financially set to pay tuition for the next couple of years. If all goes well, I'll have my degree, job, and new motorcycle by the time I'm done. :)

This is not good-bye. I'll still be participating on the forums, but my head will be buried in my text books for the most part.

I'll still have my little XV250 and 240SX to get around, so getting an FZ8 isn't practical enough for me to purchase within the next year. My curriculum should be at its hardest during this time, so I'd rather not have a job and focus on my studies. I'm putting my hobbies on the back burner as well, so as not to burn my savings. Hobbies can get so expensive!

Besides... The future of education in California (specifically the universities) is looking very grim and may even collapse on itself. So, I need to get out with a degree asap.

I'm pretty sure I have my priorities in order. Can't wait till this is all said and done with. :)

Sounds like a sane and sound decision at the expense of fun. You've got to take care of that stuff first. By the time you're ready to get a bike, you'll have a nice crop of used FZ8's to look at, and maybe even a better color selection too. (Black, Black or Black?) :2cents:

There's always the possibility of a great deal on a used FZ1 or FZ6R in the mean time, if you find a little extra cash or just can't stand the itch. :eek: Good luck with school.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Fair enough Joel,sounds like your head is on straight,I wish mine was 25 or so years ago ,lol.

What degree are you studying,or did I miss something?

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Sounds like a sane and sound decision at the expense of fun. You've got to take care of that stuff first. By the time you're ready to get a bike, you'll have a nice crop of used FZ8's to look at, and maybe even a better color selection too. (Black, Black or Black?) :2cents:

There's always the possibility of a great deal on a used FZ1 or FZ6R in the mean time, if you find a little extra cash or just can't stand the itch. :eek: Good luck with school.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig

Thank you.

What a great quote!

Fair enough Joel,sounds like your head is on straight,I wish mine was 25 or so years ago ,lol.

What degree are you studying,or did I miss something?

I don't think I mentioned it. Mechanical engineering is my curriculum. I didn't pass a couple of classes last quarter, and I had poured my heart into those classes. I'm pretty butt-hurt about not passing, so I'm going to devote myself to my studies for the next year or so. I'm already passed the half way point.