WEATHERMEN LIE!!!!!!!!!!

hypo

Last night I checked the weather, no rain until Saturday night. ok.

This morning I checked the weather, no rain until Saturday night. COOL.

freaking LIARS. every single one of them.

cranked up the bike, rolled out into the calm 75 degree morning headed into downtown San Antonios morning commute traffic......

about halfway there I could smell it... and I had seen those darker, lower clouds for about 10 minutes, but they had been there all week... then my visor started getting sprinkled... and before I knew it, my crotch is soaked and I spent 30 minutes in bumper to bumper 5mph traffic to get to work.

you are welcome, San Antonio, I brought the rain into town on my bike and spent $35 on dry pants and socks and am now shivering in the AC at work in my damp shirt.

jackass weathermen.

:spank:

C

calscrazy

same thing happens up here all the time. that "10%" chance must have been wherever i was going.

lothodon

Super Moderator
cry me a river (get it, river!?!?)... wisconsin is suffering a rather nasty cold spell of, MID TO LOW 30's!!! i'll take your rain any day over this shit.

C

Camo

You believed a weatherman :rof:

lol! I usually check the radar and if it even looks like there'll be a shower, I pack the rain suit and glove inners.
It also pays to keep an emergency pack at work..dry shoes and socks, shirt, pants and yes.. Underwear :D

hypo

I should have known... coming from Virginia, but its been nothing but drought and heat and never falls below 100 before 9pm... and the clouds usually ALWAYS disappear before the sun comes up... oh well.

C

Camo

Sounds like you have awesome riding weather for the most part!

hypo

Sounds like you have awesome riding weather for the most part!

we do! and no roo's to dodge on the highways, but some deer in the backroads... although I heard they tore down all those no speed limit signs out in the bush. :/

Except for the wet, you get really good riding weather too, don't you?

C

Camo

Well where I am, we don't really get to much extreme weather.
You can ride all year round no dramas. You just have to gear up for each season really. It does get hot and cold but never really to the extreme.
Not sure we have any no speed limit signs round these parts but there's a few roads where you'd be fooled into thinking that was the case ;)

I only whine about the weather at the transition between seasons. For some reason I always get the flu when it goes from hot to cold or back from cold to hot haha.

C

calscrazy

we had 70 days of 100+ this summer. rideable weather but it sucks if traffic clogs up.

Ivy33

Here in Maryland we've been getting rain left and right. I've gotten caught out in it a few times over the past month or so. Weather reports would call for no rain and it would rain half the day with me stuck about 50 miles away.

It's one of the few jobs where you can have a very low success rating, yet they still get paid.

If anyone here has a source that tends toward accuracy, please let me know. I'm now investing in wet riding gear just because I'm in the "screw it" mindset and am just planning to ride in the rain.

SpunkyTheTuna

Nobody's accurate about weather, I'm afraid. If you're looking for wet riding gear, I'd like to suggest Frog Togs. They're very waterproof, pack up really small, and they're cheap. They look and feel thin but they're tough as nails and hold up well.