Turbo Joe Flash Review #2

HeresMyMind

I sent my ECU to TurboJoe in CA, for his custom flash. And I couldn't be happier. The flash cost 200$ (plus return shipping of 15$ USPSpriority with 300$ insurance). It cost him 100$ just for the FTECU License to allow him to flash it.

Mods On My Bike, are in my signature.

The flash made the bike all new and fun again to me. The throttle even with the R6s Throttle tube is butter smooth. The Deceleration fuel cut was fantastic for cruising and smoother shifts. But more importantly, the power delivery is amazing. 1st through 3rd feel much quicker without the restrictions and with the tune for the mods. The front tire will easily lift with a extra crack of the throttle at 5-6k rpms and will stay easily a foot off the ground and set down nice and smooth. It comes up even more if you want it to for hooning. Full throttle in 1st the front tire will get light but not completely lift which is a plus in my book. I rode it for over 100 miles this weekend, in both Mountain twisties, small town traffic and highway cruising. The bike just feels complete. Everything is super smooth and comfortable. All the mods done finally get taken full advantage of. You do lose a bit of low end, and but "lose" I mean you have to give it more throttle to take off from a stop when letting the clutch out. (airbox mod/catless will do that to you) He also corrected my speedometer, it read 10% high with stock sprockets/tires, confirmed with 2 different GPS units.

The ONLY thing that takes some times getting used to is the decel. I was so used to downshifting everywhere for heavy braking I rarely used my front brakes. Well Now I have to. That's about it!

Comparison to a tuned FZ09 with full exhaust and tune:

1-3rd: the FZ8 was faster against the fz09 in B mode.
1-3rd: the FZ8 was faster against the fz09 in A mode because it couldn't keep the tire down
Midrange Pulls: the fz09 pulled unless I was in the 7-8k range. Their midrange is incredible.

Side Note: This Flash was made for a bike with the Full Graves Exhaust, NOT the Akrapovic. I am getting dyno'd next month so I will update this post with how it pulls / afr's for the Akrapovic exhaust. it made 109hp/62trq on Joe's Graves Setup.

The Tune is for 91 octane, but being East Coast I keep 93 in it since 91 is really just a mix of 93/89 here.

-B

If you want his Contact information on facebook his name is Jozef Soltys (turbojoe)

b-eock

You guys just keep making me miss this bike more and more. I found one for an awesome price, but when I got quoted for insurance... That is what stopped me. $5,800 a year...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good I wasn't the only one who got those outrageous insurance quotes. The quoted premiums where more than what i paid for the bike! LOL with Allstate now finally found a good price.

Thanks for the review HeresMyMind. Ill be adding this to the list of winter mods this year. I've done soo many visual/cosmetic changes, its about time I start getting the 8s performance more in tune

b-eock

Good I wasn't the only one who got those outrageous insurance quotes. The quoted premiums where more than what i paid for the bike! LOL with Allstate now finally found a good price.

Well being 19 and having a few tickets/one arrest doesn't help. But damn it went up $2,800 since I had the FZ8 last and I have been in less trouble than after I wrecked it.

b-eock

Yeah my friend pays like $260 a year for full coverage on a ZX-10 and he is 28

b-eock

I mean I'm making more than I was, a lot more. But damn I want some spending money. It isn't justified to me. So I'm holding off.

Sinooch

im 23, got the bike at 22 and ive been paying 70$ a month for full coverage through allstate. i originally had rider but they went down the shitter since the re-classed the fz8 and the insurance went up

Rhyno54

Just talked to Joe today and he said he still has that tune for the full graves exhaust, the same numbers as Heresmymind mentioned, so when I get the full graves installed that will be the tune i get but with out the air box mod