Tell me what you think!

lepontois2

Just put my new Driven sprockets on. Did a 520 conversion, 16t/48t, 520DID Chain, and you know I had to get those gold NUTS!:)

lepontois2

Haha I've thought about it. Bought a PCV off Banky though. Going to ride with that this season and see how she does. Still thinking about the flash.

DanS

Commuter
Just put my new Driven sprockets on. Did a 520 conversion, 16t/48t, 520DID Chain, and you know I had to get those gold NUTS!:)
Looks great! That is one of my in the near future mods. May I ask what the chain/sprocket setup costs?

lepontois2

Sprockets were $35 for the front $49 for the rear, and the chain was $160. My local shop gave me a discount though :)

NoNine4me

I'd like to do this. I'm not aware of the actual chain size; is it a 525? I was under the impression it was already a 520. Never checked. Can you give the part numbers for the sprockets? I'd like to stay with stock gearing, though. Thx.

lepontois2

Yeah the stock is 525. I can get the part numbers but give me a few days. I'm in Chicago for a few days with work. Will post when I get home.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I'd like to do this. I'm not aware of the actual chain size; is it a 525? I was under the impression it was already a 520. Never checked. Can you give the part numbers for the sprockets? I'd like to stay with stock gearing, though. Thx.

Just remember, your speedo AND your odometer will read off unless you get a healer.......

Been there done that.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Amazon.... Speedo healer. Easy pezzy

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/YAMAHA-FZ8-2011-2012-HEALTECH-SPEEDOHEALER/dp/B0064O0QTG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394501450&sr=8-2&keywords=Fz8+speedo+healer"]YAMAHA FZ8 Non ABS Model 2011-2012 HEALTECH SPEEDOHEALER V4 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Last edited: