Tail loose

Humpo

I picked up my New Fazer 8 a couple of months ago in readiness for a ride through France (2500 miles) - it was a replacement for my FZ6 which although only six months old and well liked was, I thought a little underpowered for the journey. None the less I have a couple of questions and if any one out there has any answers to I would be most grateful!

The first is quite simple. My tail light is loose. The dealer's mechanic said that it is made this way but quite honestly I find this strange - is anyone elses tail light loose or is this just bull I am being fed?

Secondly, the dealer was unable to connect a Digidata Gear change indicator. The unit is away at the moment being tested for soundness and it seems to me that there are several issues with the competance involved here with the dealers electrician? Has anyone else had any problems fitting this particular type of unit.

The bike has now got 3000 miles on the clock and I still have my old habit of changing up when in top!

Any comments would be appreciated.

C

Camo

I can only say that my tail light is firm, not a hint of loseness or movement.

mikefz8

My tailight is from an FZ1 which looks stock--but it too is a little loose, but not wobbly/rattly loose. Just feels like it is mounted in a rubber gasket of sorts

D

DJK1505

50 USD on ebay and you to can have a clear or smoked tail light that is tight!!!!!! I changed mine out the first week, so I dont remember if it seemed loose. That sucks man! get an aftermarket light!

DJ

Black Widow

Avid Rider
My tailight lens wil move up and down,normal condition , it has rubber mounts to dampen the shock load so the bulb filament lasts longer, most bikes have rubber mounts like all the FZ8's do.

Humpo

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks for all the replies. The rubber mounting of the unit makes sense re the filament protection. I am thinking that changing the tail end is the way forward. Now to start looking around.