Suggestions for 1 1/8" Handlebar Clamps?

waypoint

mod squad
Hello,

Just got a set of Rizoma 1 1/8" tapered handlebars and am looking for a nice 1 1/8" handlebar clamp with about the same rise as stock.

I saw ramrod posted that Driven's clamp bolts were too thick so he had to go purchase more hardware. I would like to avoid that if possible.

Suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

waypoint

mod squad
Well after searching for quite some time, I decided to go with the Driven bar clamps, like ramrod did, and substitute the the triple tree bolts with ones that will fit our 8s. I'll post the exact bolt specs, for future reference, once the clamp arrives and I get it all sussed out.

Happy New Year Everyone!

ramrod

Let me know if you need some help on this? I don't readily have the info but I can take off a fastener and run to the Ace Hardware to spec match. Besides getting the additional hardware, I am very happy with the Driven's quality and craftsmanship. In fact I just purchased a set of their D-Axis Rear sets a couple days ago and waiting for them to arrive.

Last edited:

waypoint

mod squad
Let me know if you need some help on this? I don't readily have the info but I can take off a fastener and run to the Ace Hardware to spec match. Besides getting the additional hardware, I am very happy with the Driven's quality and craftsmanship. In fact I just purchased a set of their D-Axis Rear sets a couple days ago and waiting for them to arrive.

Thank YOU!!! That's a generous offer ramrod. But I bit the bullet and got it done. Thanks to you, I knew what I was in for so it made it a lot easier. And yea, the grind on the new fastener was a drag, but it gave me a slight feeling of what it would be like to be a fabricator... Kinda cool actually.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of the finished project. Thanks again for the offer.

BTW, Driven's quality is excellent... I can't wait to hear 'bout those rear sets. Keep us posted!

View attachment 965

View attachment 966

View attachment 967

D

Deleted member 438

Thank YOU!!! That's a generous offer ramrod. But I bit the bullet and got it done. Thanks to you, I knew what I was in for so it made it a lot easier. And yea, the grind on the new fastener was a drag, but it gave me a slight feeling of what it would be like to be a fabricator... Kinda cool actually.

What did you have to grind and what size fasteners did you have to get?
Edit: Never mind, I got it off of your other post.
Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ramrod

No problem, glad to hear you got it done. Looks real good man, +1 on the Rizoma's.

How's the new riding posture?

waypoint

mod squad
No problem, glad to hear you got it done. Looks real good man, +1 on the Rizoma's.

How's the new riding posture?

Since there is a slight rise to the Driven clamps it's not quite as low as I was hoping to go. It's only about 1" to 1 1/2" lower. But after a 3 hour ride on Saturday, I've decided that I'm ok with that. Got a bit more of a performance feel with without losing much of the cruising comfort.

And I'm really pleased with the way it looks ;)

Jwood9

Hey please help me out here im looking to do the same mod and dont know what all i will need... Im looking to do the same bar as you. When you purchased the driven bar clamps was it one for 41.99 or did it come as a set of two?

And i would like to use bar ends, did you have to cut the bar?
Also what type of adapter is needed to use bar ends?

Thanks