Shad Passenger Seat for Sale or Trade

gufazi

SOLD!

Do your passenger a solid! Upgrade the pillion seat!

I'm selling my Shad passenger seat because I prefer the look of the cowl and do not carry a passenger anymore. It's black with gold stitching and piping and in mint condition. The seat has more surface area, better material and superior padding compared to stock, so it looks better and feels better!

The set is about $400 new from Shad, and they don't sell the rider and passenger separate. All their seats also require the mounting brackets from the stock seat. More info can be found here: Seats - Shad - Freedom to move

$105 shipped in the U.S.(or Canada) sounds fair to me.

Last edited:

[]V[]addog

I'm selling my Shad passenger seat because I prefer the look of the cowl and do not carry a passenger anymore. It's black with gold stitching and piping and in mint condition. The seat has more surface area, better material and superior padding compared to stock, so it looks better and feels better!

The set is about $400 new from Shad, and they don't sell the rider and passenger separate. All their seats also require the mounting brackets from the stock seat. More info can be found here: Seats - Shad - Freedom to move

$125 shipped in the U.S. sounds fair to me. Or straight trade for a lightly used 2nd gen FZ1 shock.

I'm very interested. my bike is black and gold so it would work well.
Do you have any pics of it on the bike?

I guess the only issue becomes when I would want to upgrade my seat and I can't get a rider seat by itself....
would you ship to canada?

gufazi

I do not have a pic of it on my bike but I did find this...

Mine does not have a strap, you'd have to manage that from your stock seat.

I guess I can ship to Canada. How about $135 shipped to cover the extra postage?

I guess I can ship to Canada. How about $135 shipped to cover the extra postage?

Would like to be 2nd in line if they pass

gufazi

Sure. Just waiting to hear back from Maddog... BTW, you should be getting your luggage rack delivered today.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus

This is a steal!

I put the stock strap on there. :)

[]V[]addog

I did check the size compared to the stock seat, it looks like it would fit nicly. but im in to my overdraft right now!
please see if darksidefromtheline can purchase asap, if not... I'm hoping to have the money in a couple weeks.

dammit!

Last edited:

BigOleChalupa

Hey man.......how are you liking your Shad seat?? I've had my Fazer for a few weeks now, and I'm reeeeeally debating between the Shad and the Corbin...:confused:

You happy with it?
Cheers
Bigo

[]V[]addog

Hey man.......how are you liking your Shad seat?? I've had my Fazer for a few weeks now, and I'm reeeeeally debating between the Shad and the Corbin...:confused:

You happy with it?
Cheers
Bigo

From what I have read corbin has not done a great job on the seat for our bikes. I think there is a thread somewhere.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
From what I have read corbin has not done a great job on the seat for our bikes. I think there is a thread somewhere.

Get the Shad. It looks better than the corbin and from what I have read, the corbin isn't the most comfortable seat out there.

gufazi

Bigo, I'm digging the Shad. I went 300+ miles a couple days ago with no issues... with the stock seat I would be sore during the ride and the next day. I think the reason is that is plenty of area to switch positions on the seat and the surface is high-tech, durable, and forgiving.

I had a Corbin on my other bike, a SV 650, and loved it, too. It was harder (not a bad thing) and leather and very nice once it was broke in. Fitment was a bit of an issue, which continues with the FZ8, I've heard. With the Shad, you use your stock seat hardware, and it fits like it supposed to be there.

$125 shipped in the U.S. sounds fair to me. Or straight trade for a lightly used 2nd gen FZ1 shock.

Unfortunately I am going to have to pass as well. I looked closer at my driver Corbin seat and it just isn't going to look right.

As for the Corbin seat, I like mine better than stock...pretty stiff, but the but shape cutout helps alot.