Radiator Fan Rubbing Through Throttle Cable

NonSmallJohn

Hi,

I have a 2011 Fz8 only around 9000km.I noticed today that the radiator fan was making an awful noise. So I took a look and noticed that the right fan on the radiator was rubbing against the throttle cables and was slowly cutting right into them. It cut right through the cable casing and was rubbing against the metal cable.
It doesn't seem like there's much leeway to move the cables either, maybe if I take the gas tank off and zip tie them to something more securely. The fan can barely spin, it should probably be fixed asap!

Anyone else notice this problem?

Mike

Attachments

• Throttle Cable.jpg
    Throttle Cable.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 53
That is definitely a problem. I haven't noticed it on mine. My throttle cables sit in a little cradle like thing that looks it's there to prevent exactly your situation...maybe your cables splipped out?

Where my cables sit:
uploadfromtaptalk1443563603342.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443563614621.jpg

NonSmallJohn

I think I found the problem. It seems that the bolt, on the left side, that's supposed to be holding the radiator in place is missing. This appears to have been causing the radiator to tip down on the left side and raising a bit on the right. Can't believe I didn't notice!