OUCH!!! Just burned my leg!!!!!

hypo

I live in texas. I keep my bike in the garage at home. But at work, there's not much shade here. our bikes are black. metal holds heat pretty well... conducts it really well... and when it gets to 100 degrees outside, mmmmmm... you could cook eggs on hoods of cars.

and there's about 2 inches of bare gas tank between the middle tank pad and the gripsters I got... and damn if that didn't really REALLY hurt going home the other day.

I'm definitely going to try to find a different parking spot, and may consider bringing a towel or something to cover the tank while I'm inside all day long.

hypo

riding in shorts are you?
DEFINITELY NOT a squid. no sir.

long pants and boots... although, on the day that I got burned I was in khaki's instead of my jeans... so thats part of the issue. :p

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
ATGATT FTW. Never had a problem because I wear my FirstGear Overpants for every single ride. ;) Along with the jacket, boots, full gauntlet gloves, full-faced helmet and all upgraded armor. :tup:

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Ahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I'm not going to lie... I've been guilty of riding with shorts over the summer a couple years back, when I rode with a group I had associated myself with. I didn't want to learn my lesson the hard way, so I've opted to no longer show off my leg hair. Hahaha :p