Ohlins dampener mount

jayspolygonpiro

I just picked up a used ohlins steering dampener (stabilizer) but can not for the life of me find a mount designed for my 2011 FZ8. Does anyone know where I can find or that's not going to be the price of my first born child?

jayspolygonpiro

I'm getting bad head shack at 85+ sometimes so I figured I'd install one to help keep this sucker from laying me out on the highway

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bagman

My Fazer8 has zero shake at 150kph on the speedo (so that's like what... maybe 140kph). Can't fathom my little bit of extra windscreen and fairing makes that difference. I'd be looking at what's wrong with the bike.

97audia4

I'm getting bad head shack at 85+ sometimes so I figured I'd install one to help keep this sucker from laying me out on the highway

you have another issue, dont hide it with a stabilizer. have you tightened the steering stem bearings ?

RonPNWUSA

Your suspension most likely isn't setup correction.. Rebound and Compression along with preload are off. I have heard that from others when that is the case. Find Dave Moss on YouTube and learn all about suspension.

Oregon FZ8

Toby is the only manufacture that makes a steering stabilizer for the fz8. they put together a special kit for me since i am running bars off of a 2015 fz09. great company and people. Highly recommended i just installed mine this week. with all the mods done to my bike it really needed it as when i accelerate in 1-4 gear my front end gets really light and skims the ground. Coming down from a 2nd gear power wheelie was a little unnerving as well. Ron you are right there is a problem that needs to be addressed here that shouldn't be covered by a steering stabilizer.