Need Speedo Help

CarryNarcan1312

I have a 2013 FZ8. When I bought it there was a gear indicator installed and the Speedo wasn’t reading at all, nor was the gear indicator. I decided to see if I could figure out why my Speedo isn’t working. I checked the sensor that meets into the transmission, switched it out and nothing. Also disconnected the gear indicator and plugged the factory Speedo connectors together and still no Speedo. It did work, but I have no clue what to do. I’ve traced wires etc, please let me know what you guys got. Thanks in advance!!!!

CarryNarcan1312

I have a 2013 FZ8. When I bought it there was a gear indicator installed and the Speedo wasn’t reading at all, nor was the gear indicator. I decided to see if I could figure out why my Speedo isn’t working. I checked the sensor that meets into the transmission, switched it out and nothing. Also disconnected the gear indicator and plugged the factory Speedo connectors together and still no Speedo. It did work, but I have no clue what to do. I’ve traced wires etc, please let me know what you guys got. Thanks in advance!!!!
I was able to get into diagnostic mode and it’s showing Fault code no. 42. The diagnostic code is d:07 which is the number isn’t increasing while the rear wheel is spinning, any ideas?