Marthy Exhaust for FZ8 (Midship)

Marthy

Some of you might know already, I build the first prototype FZ8 mid-ship exhaust last week for the FZ8. The exhaust fit and look great! Been tested with the Danmoto for a quick run last night and without too much tuning it perform very well too. Better acceleration and the bike pull much better in the 6-8K RPM range.

I will be posting picture as soon as I have them. We will work on a base map in the next few week (Autotune and LCD_200 Datalog) to make sure everything run fine.

Stay tune!!!

Marthy

Here we go... pictures are out!

Here's the Danmoto and Viper Racing can. Seams like a lot of room but if someone is using the stock rear set it should be perfect. My bad... the hp respond gain is between 4-6K. The bike look so much better like this IMO.

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
NICE!! Like the Viper best.

SOUND CLIP....

SOUND...........................................CLIIIIIIIIIIP!!!! :D

cambo

Avid Rider
Marthy, hoping to get with DJ this weekend. Waiting to hear back from him if he's available.

Marthy

Marthy, hoping to get with DJ this weekend. Waiting to hear back from him if he's available.

Great! We are trying to get the final map done by the end of the week. Then you can have the kit on your to built the stock bike map.

Accordingly to DJ, the bike is stupid fast and the TPS base map is pretty much done... should start working on the PSI map today.

Thanks for volunteering, greatly appreciate!

b-eock

Wait, can any exhaust tip be put on? I was looking to do this so that when I build my own stunter pegs, the exhaust would not be in the way. I have a MIVV Double Gun. Very small and light weight. If I got this on there, I think it would look sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

Wait, can any exhaust tip be put on? I was looking to do this so that when I build my own stunter pegs, the exhaust would not be in the way. I have a MIVV Double Gun. Very small and light weight. If I got this on there, I think it would look sweet.

That's what I had in mind. I know a lot of you already have slip-on so I was trying to do something so you can still use your slip-on... no point to have to buy another one. The Danmoto carbon fit well... I would cut it off 2" shorter if it was mine but can be use as is. Might need to be modded too to be able to use a regular exhaust clamp instead of springs. Just a matter of knocking off the 2 tabs and make a slot with a hacksaw. (5 min job...)

Any 2" slip-on will fit. The outlet of the headers is 2" OD and 2" long. I could customize size if needed but just keep in mind that I don't have a FZ8 sitting here (I wish!!!) So you might have to sort out a support bracket or things like that...

b-eock

This exhaust weighs like less than 3 lbs. So no need for a bracket to hold it. The header pipe might need some support though.

Marthy

This exhaust weighs like less than 3 lbs. So no need for a bracket to hold it. The header pipe might need some support though.

I put 35K miles on my FZ6R without any support... I put one recently just because.

Marthy

I swear I am not being lazy, but I can't find the specific exhaust for the FZ8. Is it a universal, or specific?

Its a generic slip-on can. Same for the Delkevic DS70 is the model. I got mine out of a 2003-5 R6 and trow away the mis pipe.

b-eock

OK I'm about to start working on getting a design for rear stunt pegs for our bike (sub cage) and MAYBE a steel subframe, no promises. If I sent you my header pipes and my MIVV Double gun, how much would it cost to be done? No powder coating. Or anything just able to have the midship header pipes and be able to change slip ons. Only reason I would send the MIVV Double Gun is so you could see how you would need to make it so that it doesn't hit anything. I think if it outlet from the headers are further toward the front of the bike but being straight back down the middle, the slip on will go perfectly pararell to the side of the bike. It would look good. Grind off the mounting tabs and then it would go under the bike. The exhaust exit would be below the right foot but not interfere with anything.

Marthy

OK I'm about to start working on getting a design for rear stunt pegs for our bike (sub cage) and MAYBE a steel subframe, no promises. If I sent you my header pipes and my MIVV Double gun, how much would it cost to be done? No powder coating. Or anything just able to have the midship header pipes and be able to change slip ons. Only reason I would send the MIVV Double Gun is so you could see how you would need to make it so that it doesn't hit anything. I think if it outlet from the headers are further toward the front of the bike but being straight back down the middle, the slip on will go perfectly pararell to the side of the bike. It would look good. Grind off the mounting tabs and then it would go under the bike. The exhaust exit would be below the right foot but not interfere with anything.

I'm still working on the base map for the PCV. The headers is not quite ready for "production yet" I will need the physical dimension of your slip-on first or have it in hand. I will make the map with the Danmoto Carbon for now. Working on getting a custom can made for this set-up that is a bit shorter then the Danmoto.

I'm not quite sure of $$$ yet. I'll let you know shortly...