Marthy Exhaust for FZ8 (Midship)

mrarmy300

Pillion
That looks great! :tup:

I found one on ebay...I think the guy makes these himself, called the Xtremeblaster. Just a straight thru can. I figure the cat gives enough back pressure as is - and the sound is waaaay meaner :rockon:

b-eock

I'm still working on the base map for the PCV. The headers is not quite ready for "production yet" I will need the physical dimension of your slip-on first or have it in hand. I will make the map with the Danmoto Carbon for now. Working on getting a custom can made for this set-up that is a bit shorter then the Danmoto.

I'm not quite sure of $$$ yet. I'll let you know shortly...

MIVV Double Gun Exhaust Schematic Design

Is that suffice? And whenever you get the chance, please let me know about the price. I need this done ASAP, but depending on the price. Thanks Marthy!

Just noticed that has no measurements, when I get home I will take some for you!

Last edited:

Marthy

I found one on ebay...I think the guy makes these himself, called the Xtremeblaster. Just a straight thru can. I figure the cat gives enough back pressure as is - and the sound is waaaay meaner :rockon:

Very similar to a Supertrapp. Loud as ^%$!!!

Marthy

Any update on your progress?

Yep, it's all working good. Just got done with the tuning of the R1 cam swap bike with the TB slip-on... and dyno!

HP peak at 107 but with smoothing 103 WHP & 55 ft.lb. So that's our baseline. Marthy pipe is on and already from the butt dyno show sign of improvement from mid range (had a flat spot) and from 7K+ it just slingshot!

So we should have the bike remap for the Marthy Viper exhaust within few days if the weather work with us. Then will have another run on the dyno to compare the pipe.

It a little time consuming but important I think to get the tune right and at the same time be able to compare with other products. Once all that done we have a "stock bike" that we will use to do the base tune.

I wish I had everything done already but firmly believe that I need to get the tune done right first.

Also working on a custom carbon can... The first Marthy slip-on!!! I'll post a pic of the can tomorrow...

Fazer401

+1. I've run both the ExtremeBlaster cans, the one with the closed Supertrapp-y end and the one with the open end. Both will run fine with no re-mapping, smooth idle and all. And while definitely louder they aren't at all like impound your bike loud lol. You can keep it reasonable to get by the man and then romp on it and make it scream if you want to. The closed end version is the quieter of the 2 of course. The removable discs work as advertised,allowing you to dial in the pipe. It's ingeniously simple, and it looks and sounds mean. Yup, he makes them himself which is cool. The name sounds funny but its because the first one he made was for I think his kids Blaster, inspired by the 70's Supertrapp design, and the rest is history.

Sorry to interrupt. On topic, is the Marthy exhaust a cat-less, shorter header? Or a weld-on cat-elim mid pipe? It looks good, IMHO the FZ is a natural for a low slung shorty pipe. I have grown to love the stock config (with the ExtremeBlaster and the CS-1,not the monstrous stock pipe) but I think a low,short pipe suits a streetfighter and its just kinda the thing for a modern bike. I was surprised that Yamaha didn't throw a short low mount on it, but I think with the small size of the cat they probably used the big pipe to make the emissions work at a lower cost. The GSXR has a nice looking short pipe on it from factory sure, but get under there and you've got a cat the size of a Buick. Idk, that's my take on it. But what is this Marthy exhaust? And do you have a price/availability estimate? Typical bike-mod junkie right, don't know what it is but I want one! Yah!

Marthy

+1. I've run both the ExtremeBlaster cans, the one with the closed Supertrapp-y end and the one with the open end. Both will run fine with no re-mapping, smooth idle and all. And while definitely louder they aren't at all like impound your bike loud lol. You can keep it reasonable to get by the man and then romp on it and make it scream if you want to. The closed end version is the quieter of the 2 of course. The removable discs work as advertised,allowing you to dial in the pipe. It's ingeniously simple, and it looks and sounds mean. Yup, he makes them himself which is cool. The name sounds funny but its because the first one he made was for I think his kids Blaster, inspired by the 70's Supertrapp design, and the rest is history.

Sorry to interrupt. On topic, is the Marthy exhaust a cat-less, shorter header? Or a weld-on cat-elim mid pipe? It looks good, IMHO the FZ is a natural for a low slung shorty pipe. I have grown to love the stock config (with the ExtremeBlaster and the CS-1,not the monstrous stock pipe) but I think a low,short pipe suits a streetfighter and its just kinda the thing for a modern bike. I was surprised that Yamaha didn't throw a short low mount on it, but I think with the small size of the cat they probably used the big pipe to make the emissions work at a lower cost. The GSXR has a nice looking short pipe on it from factory sure, but get under there and you've got a cat the size of a Buick. Idk, that's my take on it. But what is this Marthy exhaust? And do you have a price/availability estimate? Typical bike-mod junkie right, don't know what it is but I want one! Yah!

Good morning,

What I do is use the stock headers and cut off the cat & install a collector and a short can. On the FZ6R the Viper can has been the can of choice for the last 2 years. Cheap, look good and sounds even better! I'm working on a similar version but all Carbon Fiber, should have the first prototype ready by the end of the week.

From our test there's a good gain at mid range already. Better pick up and top end. But we still have some tuning to do... mid range is fat still. I'm hoping to have the map for the stock bike ready within the next few weeks. Not having the bike myself make the whole process a bit longer but I'll get there.

The exhaust mod alone will be around $300.00 + shipping. If you get the can with it $500.00 + shipping.

So basically you ship me your stock headers and I return it to you with all the goodies you need.

Marthy

A little update on how thing goes with the Marthy Exhaust for the FZ8. Second exhaust is shipping today and should get the tune done within the next 2-3 weeks. (I'll be gone to Italy for a week)

Here a picture of the Marthy CF slip-on prototype. The final product should look very similar.

Marthy

I NEED YOUR EXHAUST ON MY BIKE NOW!!!!!!!

Cool! I'll get back from Italy on the 21st. We'll talk then. By the time you ship me your exhaust and I get it done then back the map should be getting very close.

Get back to me then in case I forget... a lot going on these days!

TwoWheels

Ooooh, Marthy.... You've got me sold. I've got to ride, and the weather is nice here... SO this is gonna have to be a "wait till winter" project since I have to pull the header. Hope you're still into this during the cold months!

thach1130

Hope you're still into this during the cold months!

He's in Florida, I don't think there're such thing as cold months.

Temperature will bound to hit the upper 90s and 100s soon. Will not be riding in those weather so it's a good time to pull off the header and send it out, at least that will be my plans.