Maintenance Technical Specifications - FZ8 2011

hypo

Straight out of the Owners Manual:

curb weight: 467-470lbs

Stock Chain: DID 525V10-121LL (I beleive that means 121 links - can I get verification?)

Recommended Fuel: REGULAR

Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.49 gallons (17 Liters)

Spring Preload settings: Soft = 1 / Hard = 9

Gears: 6 Gears (1 down - 2-6 UP)

Stock Spark Plug: NGK/CR9E Gap: 0.7-0.8mm

Oil Filter: Denso 115010 6370 see post specifically about which filters also work here

Same size as OEM (about 2.5" long):
Purolator PureONE PL14612 / Mobil M1-108 / Bosch 3300 / AC Delco PF1237 / NAPA Gold 1365 / Purolator L14612 / WIX 51365

Oil Change Quantity:
without the filter: 3.07quarts (2.9 L)
with the filter: 3.28quarts (3.1 L)

Coolant reservoir capacity: 0.26quarts (0.25L)

Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W)
Bridgestone/BT021F BB
36PSi

Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR17 M/C (73W)
Bridgestone/BT021R BB
42PSi

Headlight bulb: H4
Tail light bulb: 1157 (any car parts store)

Battery: YTZ10S 12v 8.6ah

OEM PARTS REPLACEMENT (part numbers / prices etc)

Front Tire removal: Autozone has a 3pc metric hex set for transmission removal 12/14/17 mm 1/2" drive, our front axle is a 14mm and the set is only 12bucks if you don't have a 14mm handy.

Thanks to Shleeve for the Engine Error Codes:

11 - No normal signals are received from the cylinder identification sensor when the engine is started or while the vehicle is being driven.

12 - No normal signals are received from the cranshaft position sensor.

13 - Intake air pressure sensor: open or short circuit detected.

14 - Intake air pressure sensor: hose system malfunction (clogged or detached hose.)

15 - Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves): open or short circuit detected. Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves) coupler connection is loose.

17 - EXUP servo motor circuit: open or short circuit detected or loose connection.

18 - EXUP servo motor is stuck.

19 - Open circuit is detected in the input lead from the sidestand switch to the ECU.

20 - When the main switch is turned to "ON", the atmospheric pressure sensor voltage and intake air pressure sensor voltage differ greatly.

21 - Coolant temperature sensor: open or short circuit detected.

22 - Air temperature sensor: open or short circuit detected.

23 - Atmospheric pressure sensor: open or short circuit detected.

24 - No normal signal is received from the o2 sensor.

30 - Latch up detected. No normal signal is received from teh lean angle sensor.

33 - Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #1 ignition coil.

34 - Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #2 ignition coil.

35 - Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #3 ignition coil.

36 - Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the cylinder #4 ignition coil.

39 - Open ciruit detected in a primary injector.

40 - Open circuit detected in a secondary injector.

41 - Lean angle sensor: open or short circuit detected.

42 - No normal signals are received from the speed sensor. - Neutral switch: open or short circuit detected.

43 - Power supply to the injectors and the fuel pump is not normal.

44 - An error is detected while reading or writing on EE-PROM (CO adjustment value).

46 - Power supply is not normal.

50 - Faulty ECU memory. (When this malfunction is detected in teh ECU, the fault code number might not appear on the meter.)

59 - Throttle position sensor (for throttle cable pulley): open or short circuit detected. Throttle position sensor (for throttle cable pulley) coupler connection is loose.

60 - Throttle servo motor: open or short circuit detected. Defective throttle servo motor. Malfunction in ECU (servo motor driving system).

Er-1 - No signals are received from the ECU.

Er-2 - No signals are received from the ECU within the specified duration.

Er-3 - Data from teh ECU cannot be received correctly.

Er-4 - Non-registered data has been received from the meter.

Last edited:

9 Lives

If you want all the correct information for your bike the shop manual is a reliable source. Or you can just hope someone will post the correct info.

Umyaya

I am going to try and push out my first valve check and steering bearing check to 30k.. but will be doing this next season regardless... hopefully it goes smooth! Never have done it but I'm not throwing my money at a dealer. I've talked to some mechanics who said they usually are within spec.... but who knows!

plode682

For anyone who reads this thread like I did, none of the above listed oil filters fit properly. Napa Gold 1358 is the correct one for this bike. 1365 bottoms out metal to metal before the seal engages. 1365 is exactly the same as the Purolator L14612- I tried that too, since I had one from my old Acura in the garage still.

rug_burn

For anyone who reads this thread like I did, none of the above listed oil filters fit properly. Napa Gold 1358 is the correct one for this bike. 1365 bottoms out metal to metal before the seal engages. 1365 is exactly the same as the Purolator L14612- I tried that too, since I had one from my old Acura in the garage still.

Fram 6017A oil filter is what I've always used, and it's the same one as the one on my '97 Honda Valkyrie. About $6 at Wal-mart, and you can pick up 5 quarts of Mobil One, 15-50 for $25 at the same time, believe it or not- It ain't rocket science...