Luggage

xjcurtisx

Hey guys, I would like to find a way to carry a little more stuff with me without carrying a backpack. I also don't like the looks of the saddle bags. Does anybody know if there is any sort of container/bag that replaces the back seat and clamps in? If not are there any recommendations for me on an alternate solution?

Thanks.

[]V[]addog

here is a compartment that replaces the rear seat. I just dont have the link right now... they all ruin the look of the bike in my opionion.

hlmiskelly

I have a Ventura SB0622 tailbag that attaches tightly to the pinion. It easily detaches from the attachment straps which buckle under the pinion.

You can find it here:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OHVWR4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OHVWR4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Here's a picture of it on my bike:

Larry P

Motocentric tailbag is a pretty good option. Only $80 and uses bungee mounts under the seat to stay on. I myself use a hard top box. Worthy investment for long term owners.

eru000

I have a Kriega US-20 tailbag. Works beautifully. Waterproof, looks good on the bike, and attaches right to the straps on the pillion seat. They have a bunch of different sizes, but I think the 20L fits the rear seat perfectly. If you need more storage, the 30L should work as well.

The only downsides:

That it's hard to use with a small amount of things. It works best the more stuff is in it.

It's a little expensive.

Annoying to take on and off frequently (say, for a daily commute).

GarryM

I have the Shad sports rack with a lockable Shad top box. The rack replaces the pillion seat. It's a brilliant system and I'm not sure why they don't make them for more sports bikes. If I need to carry stuff I can add the rack in a few seconds, I can put the pillion seat back on in a few seconds if I don't need luggage. And I'm not left with an ugly frame when I don't have the luggage on. Under seat storage isn't affected by the rack.

The only downside is that you cant carry a pillion and take luggage at the same time and it took a bit of fiddling around to get the rack to fit properly initially.

I tried several soft bags that attached to the seat and all of them moved around usually crushing me into the tank, and there was always the possibility of damaging the paintwork. With the Shad system I don't even know the luggage is there.

Last edited:

Umblevable

luggage

I bought Motech saddle bags from twistedthrottle.com, and I really like them! You install small receivers at the passenger peg mounts, then click in a pair of rods that control the bags and keep them away from the tire. They are expandable, easy to install/remove, and they look good on my bike. They were kind of pricey though!

Umyaya

Hey guys, I would like to find a way to carry a little more stuff with me without carrying a backpack. I also don't like the looks of the saddle bags. Does anybody know if there is any sort of container/bag that replaces the back seat and clamps in? If not are there any recommendations for me on an alternate solution?

Thanks.

Get a Ogio passenger bag or a tank bag! or both! I bought a new Ogio Mach 3 or W/e backpack and I haven't even used it once =[ It was like 100+ dollars

Fazer 8

I bought Motech saddle bags from twistedthrottle.com, and I really like them! You install small receivers at the passenger peg mounts, then click in a pair of rods that control the bags and keep them away from the tire. They are expandable, easy to install/remove, and they look good on my bike. They were kind of pricey though!
Those do look pretty good. I might look into those of I decide I want some saddlebags for a longer trip. I'll have to fix the seat situation before any trips of more than a few hundred miles a day for more than a day or two, though.

Marthy

I got the tank bag from Twisted Throttle a while back and added the tail and tent bag before my trip to the Smoky Mountains last week. Also got the Nelson Rig saddle bags to compete the set. The Twisted Throttle bag connection stuff is pretty sweet and rock solid. Once tie up it doesn't move... even on spirit riding (tested! Lol)

That stuff is all off now. Still enjoy riding naked! [emoji12]